Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Suppressed SBR Ever????

Feedback Score
    Amazingly I put an LMT 10.5" upper on top of an RRA LAR 15 lower and used a standard buffer and she ran perfectly. The only thing I did have running on her was a PRI GB.

When the can was placed on the host weapon (same as above) it runs smoothly but with a bit more recoil. Hasn't missed a beat and the bolt carrier is a standard semi auto BCG. It does get messy though in the reciever. Perhaps with an enhanced bolt carrier I can reduce the recoil a bit ?

Just my experience.

Feedback Score
    does the noveske's switchblock works? will it fix all the problems we have?

Grant, i am building two SBR just waiting for the form 1s back from ATF before i put everythings together. i got the most of the parts in my safe now.

1st build for use with CAN
    10.5" noveske switchblock bbl
    D-D lite 7" rail
    vltor MUR upper
    young mfg N/M BCG
    gasbuster C/H
    H3 buffer
    AAC M4-2000 can

2nd build is for my wife to have fun at the range
    7.5" noveske bbl
    Viking Tactics Hand Guard
    KX3 F/S
    Failzero BCG
    Failzero upper or vltor mur
    gasbuster C/H
    H3 buffer

with my setup above, what kind of buffer spring should i use? and how can i make the 7.5" softer recoil? THANK YOU!!!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmt-cazy View Post
    does the noveske's switchblock works? will it fix all the problems we have?

Grant, i am building two SBR just waiting for the form 1s back from ATF before i put everythings together. i got the most of the parts in my safe now.

1st build for use with CAN
    10.5" noveske switchblock bbl
    D-D lite 7" rail
    vltor MUR upper
    young mfg N/M BCG
    gasbuster C/H
    H3 buffer
    AAC M4-2000 can

2nd build is for my wife to have fun at the range
    7.5" noveske bbl
    Viking Tactics Hand Guard
    KX3 F/S
    Failzero BCG
    Failzero upper or vltor mur
    gasbuster C/H
    H3 buffer

with my setup above, what kind of buffer spring should i use? and how can i make the 7.5" softer recoil? THANK YOU!!!

The SB does work. There is one issue (that I have) with them. You are kind of stuck (at the moment) with a short rail (unless you do some mods to a 9" rail).

Personally speaking, with the SB set to the "suppressed" setting, I find it still has a little more gas than I like.

We have basically come up with the EXACT gas port size for 10.5's, 11.5's and 16" middy's for optimal use with a can. Once you have gone down this road, it is hard to go back.

C4

Feedback Score
    Grant,
    Are there any updates to the possibility of you producing an upper w/ 11.5 Noveske N4 barrels?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LBG375 View Post
    Grant,
    Are there any updates to the possibility of you producing an upper w/ 11.5 Noveske N4 barrels?
    BCM has 11.5" HF barrels coming out.

C4

Feedback Score
    Grant,

Is there any advantage to running the enhanced carrier on a LMT 10.5, if you are NOT running a can?

I got a chance to put this particular upper on someone's registered FA lower with a H2 buffer, and it ran like a top 'as is', unsupressed. Regular plain jane FA carrier, with just a heavy extractor spring on the bolt (BCM spring).

Right now I'm just running an H in my lower. Semi ....

While I'm thinking about it, didn't LMT enlarge their ports a bit a few years back? I think Gene told me that but I can't recall now My upper was made about 1.5 years ago.

Thanks man!
    Last edited by JLM; 09-14-09 at 05:43.
    "So have your buddy get a box of stray cats and try to get a good sight picture while he is throwing the cats at you... naked." - KLD

Get yours news at Presscheck.org!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JLM View Post
    Grant,

Is there any advantage to running the enhanced carrier on a LMT 10.5, if you are NOT running a can?

I got a chance to put this particular upper on someone's registered FA lower with a H2 buffer, and it ran like a top 'as is', unsupressed. Regular plain jane FA carrier, with just a heavy extractor spring on the bolt (BCM spring).

Right now I'm just running an H in my lower. Semi ....

While I'm thinking about it, didn't LMT enlarge their ports a bit a few years back? I think Gene told me that but I can't recall now My upper was made about 1.5 years ago.

Thanks man!
    I think it kind of depends on the ammo you run (NATO pressure VS 223). Generally, I would say that it would not do much for you.

I do not know about LMT enlarging their GP's.

C4

Feedback Score
    Does anyone have knowledge of a chart/list that shows the gas port sizes of various manuf's bbls?
    I'd love to get that info. I've considered piecing this info together myself, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
    I know I've seen Colt's gas port sizes posted before, as well as maybe Noveske I think.
    I will say that my SR15 E3's gas port is supposedely fairly small, and it certainly has a nice lack of recoil. Sweetest feeling 16" upper I've ever shot.
    Of course, I don't know if that is mainly due to the longer intermediate gas system length, or if the small gas port is more of the reason??

Regardless, I'd like to find gas port sizing info on various makers bbls/uppers at some point.
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    If you ran an LMT Enhanced bolt carrier, your gun would have cycled rounds without the can.
    Soft shooting isn't it!

C4
    i tried it with the LMT enhanced carrier and it still doesn't run without a can, but MAN that mother is loud with the muzzle break

GOT IT!!!!!
    using 5.56 spec ammo and now it runs like a champ!
    Last edited by flanntastic; 07-14-10 at 10:42.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Tagged for later on read.

Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast