Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Suppressed SBR Ever????

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    The physics of recoil don't work that way.....just sayin'.
    I know that you cannot actually double the pressure generated by round, but the felt recoil does feel as if you are shooting a much larger caliber.

I still remember the first time I shot a suppressed 416 10.5. I had to look down and make sure that it was not chambered in 6.8 or 7.62X39.

Until this 11.5 project, I failed to fully realize how much force a can generates. When you can go from a cut down SS buffer spring wtih a car buffer and NOT GET THE WEAPON to cycle (not lock back) and then add a suppressor and go all the way up to an over sized CS buffer spring and H3 buffer and have it lock back with force, you know that something is up!

C4

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I know just ball bustin'.

I know what you mean. When I've shot my 10" suppressed a lot in class and then take the suppressor off at break/lunch and then shoot it unsuppressed. Then it feels so much slower and feels like it's going to stop running at any minute.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    The NP3 finish, like a lot of the other ones wears off over time. The fail zero finish is actually into the metal as they buy the BCG's in the white.

The sole purpose for me using the fail zero stuff was to try and run a lube less, suppressed weapon (something the world has never really seen before).

What I am thinking about now is buying LMT Enhanced carriers (in the white) and sending them to fail zero to have coated.

C4

I am down for two if you do that Grant.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Grant,

Would I benefit from using a FailZero BCG in my upcoming SBR project even though I am using a standard upper receiver? Also, check your PM's.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Grant,

When you say that the LMT enhanced carrier has a "slightly angled cam area" are you talking about the machined slot on the carrier that the bolt cam pin moves through or some other part of the carrier?

Do you have any pics comparing this area on the LMT enhanced carrier to a standard carrier?
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 07-05-09 at 12:35.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Grant,

When you say that the LMT enhanced carrier has a "slightly angled cam area" are you talking about the machined slot on the carrier that the bolt cam pin moves through or some other part of the carrier?

Do you have any pics comparing this area on the LMT enhanced carrier to a standard carrier?
    Check military morons web site there are pics and detailed discription
    http://www.militarymorons.com/ go to AR accessories and it the next to last at the bottom of the page
    Last edited by Thomas M-4; 07-05-09 at 12:44.

Feedback Score
    Are you thinking of building some uppers like this? I'm trying to decide which SBR upper to get for use with a suppressor. Was the BCM w/ the DD rail..then I saw your URX railed uppers... But I like what you're doing here since really, this will be for suppressor only. Reduced felt recoil would be nice during a class, which is the primary use of this upper.

Feedback Score
    Grant,
    FailZero will coat any bcg (or any other parts) you send them. Why bother with getting LMT to send carriers "in the white"?
    I mean, have you perhaps been told by FailZero that sending parts "in the white" is better than sending parts that are previously parkerized?
    I dont' know this for sure, but I would think that when FailZero receives a parkerized bcg (or any other parts), they most likely beadblast the part first, to remove all previous finishes, before applying their Exoshield coating, no?

I could be wrong here, but if their coating is best done on bare metal, I would assume they are bead blasting first, and then coating with ExoShield, so it wouldn't really matter how you send your carriers to them. ?
    Again, I could be wrong here.
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas M-4 View Post
    Check military morons web site there are pics and detailed discription
    http://www.militarymorons.com/ go to AR accessories and it the next to last at the bottom of the page
    MM does not discuss the carriers altered cam angle at all.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Grant,

Would I benefit from using a FailZero BCG in my upcoming SBR project even though I am using a standard upper receiver? Also, check your PM's.
    Yes, I think you would. The FZ BCG is more important than the FZ upper receiver.

C4

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast