Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Suppressed SBR Ever????

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Grant,

When you say that the LMT enhanced carrier has a "slightly angled cam area" are you talking about the machined slot on the carrier that the bolt cam pin moves through or some other part of the carrier?

Do you have any pics comparing this area on the LMT enhanced carrier to a standard carrier?

Yes, the cam pin slot.

I will see if I can get some high res pics up.

What is funny is that the LMT Enhanced Carrier has been out for some time (with little to no interest).

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NetJunkie View Post
    Are you thinking of building some uppers like this? I'm trying to decide which SBR upper to get for use with a suppressor. Was the BCM w/ the DD rail..then I saw your URX railed uppers... But I like what you're doing here since really, this will be for suppressor only. Reduced felt recoil would be nice during a class, which is the primary use of this upper.
    If you are wanting a sem-dedicated SBR upper, this is the way to go for certain.

We are thinking about make some more of these as the interest seems to be very good.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cataldo View Post
    Grant,
    FailZero will coat any bcg (or any other parts) you send them. Why bother with getting LMT to send carriers "in the white"?
    I mean, have you perhaps been told by FailZero that sending parts "in the white" is better than sending parts that are previously parkerized?
    I dont' know this for sure, but I would think that when FailZero receives a parkerized bcg (or any other parts), they most likely beadblast the part first, to remove all previous finishes, before applying their Exoshield coating, no?

I could be wrong here, but if their coating is best done on bare metal, I would assume they are bead blasting first, and then coating with ExoShield, so it wouldn't really matter how you send your carriers to them. ?
    Again, I could be wrong here.

Because, the items has to be un-finished before they will coat it. Could they blast it and then re-coat it? Possibly, but I do not think that this would be the best way to do this. Also, you would need the inside of the carrier to NOT be chromed.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    If you are wanting a sem-dedicated SBR upper, this is the way to go for certain.

We are thinking about make some more of these as the interest seems to be very good.

C4
    Put me on the list.

Feedback Score
    This FailZero stuff looks really interesting. Visited their site:

1. They say it is patented but I can't find anything from them, Exo technology, or UCT coatings in the USTPO patent database. Anyone got the number?
    2. Anyone had parts done specifically for them yet?
    3. Assume it is for metal only?

Looks like it would be the heat for SBRs, and I'd like to try it on my STI blaster. ZeroFail FTW.

Sorry, picked up to many bad habits in the 'internet sayings" thread in the GD forum.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Because, the items has to be un-finished before they will coat it. Could they blast it and then re-coat it? Possibly, but I do not think that this would be the best way to do this. Also, you would need the inside of the carrier to NOT be chromed.

C4

I have been wondering about the CL'ing on the interior of the carrier myself.
    I spoke with FailZero last week, and specifically asked them about sending my bcg in for treatment. When I asked about the process, they specifically told me that they apply the ExoShield treatment OVER THE CHROME.
    IOW's they COMPLETELY treat the entire carrier, inside and out, including over the chrome surface.
    SO, I'm *assuming* that the ExoShield coating has no ill effects when applied over the chrome in the carrier, so I was actually thinking that sending them a chromed carrier would be best, for added protection.
    However, I did not specifically ask FailZero if a NON chromed carrier would be the better approach to begin with?
    Sounds like another phone call is in order...
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    This FailZero stuff looks really interesting. Visited their site:

1. They say it is patented but I can't find anything from them, Exo technology, or UCT coatings in the USTPO patent database. Anyone got the number?
    2. Anyone had parts done specifically for them yet?
    3. Assume it is for metal only?

Looks like it would be the heat for SBRs, and I'd like to try it on my STI blaster. ZeroFail FTW.

Sorry, picked up to many bad habits in the 'internet sayings" thread in the GD forum.
    Re: #1, see:

UCT Defense Officers, notably Edward McComas, Chief Technology Officer

US Patent 6,782,650, Inventor Edward McComas
    Last edited by ballistic; 07-05-09 at 20:21.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'm in for one of them, which I cant decide but likely the 10.5 with perhaps a DD rail instead, though I'm sure those options would be available since you are extremely flexible and perhaps the best dealer I've dealt with (that could stand me)
    "Unfortunately 87.26% of the quotes and statistics on the internet are lies." - Abraham Lincoln
    Stupid should hurt
    I carry a gun cuz cops are too heavy!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cataldo View Post
    I have been wondering about the CL'ing on the interior of the carrier myself.
    I spoke with FailZero last week, and specifically asked them about sending my bcg in for treatment. When I asked about the process, they specifically told me that they apply the ExoShield treatment OVER THE CHROME.
    IOW's they COMPLETELY treat the entire carrier, inside and out, including over the chrome surface.
    SO, I'm *assuming* that the ExoShield coating has no ill effects when applied over the chrome in the carrier, so I was actually thinking that sending them a chromed carrier would be best, for added protection.
    However, I did not specifically ask FailZero if a NON chromed carrier would be the better approach to begin with?
    Sounds like another phone call is in order...
    pm with me on the details of this follow up call please sir
    "Unfortunately 87.26% of the quotes and statistics on the internet are lies." - Abraham Lincoln
    Stupid should hurt
    I carry a gun cuz cops are too heavy!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very neat.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast