Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Suppressed SBR Ever????

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    Regarding the ammo - I don't see where you said what type you were using. I would assume (I know what happens) that while suppressed you were using subsonic rounds. Correct? I, too, would like to have an SBR that functions at all times while suppressed with subsonic and non-suppressed with supersonic ammo.
    Any ammo (M193, M855, etc)

No subsonic .223.

C4

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Any ammo (M193, M855, etc)

No subsonic .223.

C4
    I'm probably showing my ignorance here, and no disrespect meant, but what is the point of running suppressed without subsonic ammo?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I'm probably showing my ignorance here, and no disrespect meant, but what is the point of running suppressed without subsonic ammo?
    Typically, subsonic .223 was basically a .22LR. Not a real good choice for killing anything. It isn't about making the gun "hollywood" quiet. It is about making an SBR hearing safe and killing flash.

C4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    To make it much, much quieter.

Unsuppressed 5.56 - 167dB
    Suppressed 5.56 - 130-140dB
    Suppressed 300BLK sub-sonic - 118-125dB

As you can see, a good can gets you 35dB of attenuation. Going sub-sonic is only another 10dB.

Put one way: my neighbors can't hear me AT ALL when shooting suppressed. They sure as hell can hear it when I'm not.

Shooting full-house 5.56 with my Omega is totally comfortable without ear pro - unless I shoot steel. Hitting steel with any round is LOUD! You don't realize how loud until you shoot suppressed.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    On top of all of the above reasons, concussion is very much reduced. Beneficial indoors and with others in your immediate vicinity.

There more to suppression than just *sound* suppression.

From hunting to training to others that use them for LEO/MIL work, the benefits are numerous. Hollywood quiet? No. But so much better than a high flash, ear piercing, concussive blast from a brake - especially on an SBR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Typically, subsonic .223 was basically a .22LR. Not a real good choice for killing anything. It isn't about making the gun "hollywood" quiet. It is about making an SBR hearing safe and killing flash.

C4
    Thanks for the info, and from the others as well.

So does anyone know if the Lantac enhanced BCG will work just the same as the LMT?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Anybody have any info on if any other "enhanced" carriers would work just as well as LMT's, like Lantac's for example?
    I have both and use each with a Vltor A5H4 buffer. The LMT is the most improved, especially for suppressed shooting. The Lantac is better than a std carrier, but it's no LMT e-carrier.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Primary functions are:

1) to positively affect the pattern of sound propagation from the muzzle (making your position far more difficult to localize for an adversary)

2) to shift the frequency lower in the audible spectrum (lower frequencies are inherently more difficult to locate. It's why you can throw a home theater subwoofer in the corner, but have to aim the satellites directly at your ears).

3) to reduce or eliminate flash.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I have both and use each with a Vltor A5H4 buffer. The LMT is the most improved, especially for suppressed shooting. The Lantac is better than a std carrier, but it's no LMT e-carrier.
    Thanks. Can any bolt, cam pin, firing pin, etc be used in the carrier?

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Standard milspec bolt/parts. I think a lot of people just get everything from BCM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast