Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Suppressed SBR Ever????

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    For the last time. We aren't here to discuss the Doomsday Scenario. Let's stay focused on the technical aspects of this thread.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I've got a BCM 11.5" FSB upper with BCM charging handle that I plan to turn into my first SBR once the ATF says I can.
    I'm planning to add a suppressor to it as well and have my eyes turned toward the Silencerco Omega 7.62.
    While I'm waiting on the ATF I figured I would start collecting parts and I'm curious what the group here thinks I should incorporate into this build to make it run well. After reading through this whole thread, I've got it in my mind that the LMT enhanced carrier and the A5 system should be in my plans for this rifle. I'd be curious to know what buffer/spring would be recommended and whether the FSB will hold me back in any way. Should I expect this to run properly both suppressed and unsuppressed or will there be issues that I should expect to encounter?

Thanks in advance for imparting your knowledge on me to help me get off on the right foot!
    Last edited by sva01; 02-06-16 at 05:56. Reason: grammar

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sva01 View Post
    I've got a BCM 11.5" FSB upper with BCM charging handle that I plan to turn into my first SBR once the ATF says I can.
    I'm planning to add a suppressor to it as well and have my eyes turned toward the Silencerco Omega 7.62.
    While I'm waiting on the ATF I figured I would start collecting parts and I'm curious what the group here thinks I should incorporate into this build to make it run well. After reading through this whole thread, I've got it in my mind that the LMT enhanced carrier and the A5 system should be in my plans for this rifle. I'd be curious to know what buffer/spring would be recommended and whether the FSB will hold me back in any way. Should I expect this to run properly both suppressed and unsuppressed or will there be issues that I should expect to encounter?

Thanks in advance for imparting your knowledge on me to help me get off on the right foot!
    I'd rec looking at a SprinCo green spring and an A5H3 or A5H4 buffer if you're going to stick with the front sight base.

You could also look at Black River Tactical gas port inserts for your FSB in lieu of an adjustable low pro gas block.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sva01 View Post

Do not collect up SBR or pistol restricted items without an approved SBR stamp or existing pistol lower in hand for this.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    The gun currently has a Rainier Arms BCG in it so I'll just use it for the parts I need.

I just ordered the carrier directly from LMT.
    Got the LMT enhanced carrier installed and ran several mags through it, suppressed and unsupressed. I was just using Freedom Munitions 55gr reman ammo and had no issues. Ejected every time and the bolt locked back on the last round every time. That was with an H buffer. I now have an H2 buffer to try.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    Got the LMT enhanced carrier installed and ran several mags through it, suppressed and unsupressed. I was just using Freedom Munitions 55gr reman ammo and had no issues. Ejected every time and the bolt locked back on the last round every time. That was with an H buffer. I now have an H2 buffer to try.
    So, do you guys think the enhanced carrier is a good way to: decrease port noise, decrease recoil impulse/jumpyness, and reduce fouling from my 11.5 with an Omega and ST2 buffer? Or would I be better off just putting the A5 system on? Trying to tame this beast and slow down that carrier.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    So, do you guys think the enhanced carrier is a good way to: decrease port noise, decrease recoil impulse/jumpyness, and reduce fouling from my 11.5 with an Omega and ST2 buffer? Or would I be better off just putting the A5 system on? Trying to tame this beast and slow down that carrier.
    I use the LMT full auto enhanced carrier, std LMT bolt, Vltor A5 system with A5H4 buffer, SLR Ti Sentry 6 set screw adjustable gas block, and tubbs flat wire AR10 action spring.

I get zero gas to face with a std BCM gunfighter CH. None. Nada. I also get normal ejection that is not significantly different from use without the can.

And here's the kicker: i have to change NOTHING to get 100% lock back on a dirty gun and a limp pistol-grip hold (no shoulder purchase) with XM193 and WITHOUT THE CAN.

I use my Saker 762 with a 5.56 flash-hiding end cap on an ASR mount.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'll ad those parts as funds allow then. I think I might go for the carrier first. Just spent all the money stocking up on components and ammo for this coming year.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I use the LMT full auto enhanced carrier, std LMT bolt, Vltor A5 system with A5H4 buffer, SLR Ti Sentry 6 set screw adjustable gas block, and tubbs flat wire AR10 action spring.

I get zero gas to face with a std BCM gunfighter CH. None. Nada. I also get normal ejection that is not significantly different from use without the can.

And here's the kicker: i have to change NOTHING to get 100% lock back on a dirty gun and a limp pistol-grip hold (no shoulder purchase) with XM193 and WITHOUT THE CAN.

I use my Saker 762 with a 5.56 flash-hiding end cap on an ASR mount.
    Does the Tubbs offer an advantage over a standard rifle or Springco green ?

Are the AGBs most are running clamp-on or set screw?
    Last edited by scooter22; 06-11-16 at 07:12.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Are the AGBs most are running clamp-on or set screw?
    I bought a set screw and had ADCO pin it. Pinning seemed like SOP 10 years ago but now some SMEs seem ok without getting the set screw gas blocks pinned. I trust the BCM uppers as such, for my own build I went belts and suspenders.

Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast