Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast

Thread: Best Suppressed SBR Ever????

Feedback Score
    Last edited by IOwnAGun; 07-10-16 at 09:06.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    If you buy quality parts you really shouldn't have a problem. Don't buy multiple springs, buffers barrels Etc. I run 5 SBR's when any combination of the quality parts and pieces and they all run with or without a can. The reduced gas port barrel is really cool for a 100% suppressed weapon. Don't have one of those.

Buy Colt, Noveske, DD, LMT, Sionics and you should be fine.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I wanted to contribute my experience today with the LMT EBCG.

After reading this whole thread, the LMT E-BCG sounded like the answer to my "problem." My weapon wouldn't cycle unsuppressed.

The weapon is a 14.5 BCM that was chopped to 10.3. Gas port was opened to .070. Before getting the LMT E-BCG I was running the Bootleg Suppressed BCG, which is awesome in its own right. Buffer system was the Vltor a5 with the a5-0 buffer. It would run smooth as silk suppressed. Hardly any recoil, minimal gas to the face but wouldn't cycle without the can (silencerco specwar k). Ammo was Wolf Gold, which I understand may be a tad weaker than what my barrel length and gas port size was designed for. But its my go to ammo as I have a bunch of it.

Enter the LMT E-BCG. Today I took it to the range in hopes the gun would cycle both suppressed and unsuppressed. Well, I was able to go from not being able to run unsuppressed with the a5-0 buffer to 100% reliability unsuppressed with the a5-h3. Pretty impressive if you ask me. Gas to the face was non existent with the can. Even less than the Bootleg carrier. Brass was also cleaner when compared to the Bootleg carrier. Though the recoil was without a doubt increased compared to the Bootleg. Running suppressed with the LMT the recoil is more like a punch in the shoulder vs. a "light push"

I'll have to decide if i want to keep this gun in its current form, or run it dedicated suppressed. If thats the case I'll probably switch back to the Bootleg carrier as it was much more pleasant to shoot suppressed. I have a BCM 11.5 upper I could run the LMT in. That could be my do all, eat anything SBR upper. We'll see! Its just nice to have options.

In conclusion, in my short experience with the LMT E-BCG, it does seem to fix undergassing issues in SBR's. Here's a pic of the weapon from the other week before getting the LMT carrier.

SBR.jpg
    Last edited by msnyder0609; 04-04-17 at 18:27.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You could theoretically install an adjustable gas key on an EBCG and get the best of both worlds.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    ^^ that is very interesting. My small port SBR that was also a 14.5 chop down to 10.8 with about an 069 gas port did not lock back with the LMT enhanced carrier. And from my research here it sounds like that is the one application that may be a no-go for it, when I had initially thought it would help both over and under gassed gund. Maybe I will go do some more testing with it.

I also had to take out the Green sprinco Spring and put in a normal mil-spec

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I do not run E-Carriers in chop down or custom port rifles. I have had issues with them running. Too many variables in the system. The A5 system and a sprinco spring is at most any tweaking that the rifles get after the chop down with smaller port size. Some factory applications the E-Carrier standard bolt setup work well, and others do not. I have found much more success with the standard auto carrier in smaller port cut down SBRs.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    Different chambers, throats, bores, selected ammunition, cans, etc.. contribute to different levels of pressure and time presented to the port to operate the action system.
    While I like the LMT enhanced carrier, I think that they could have done some things differently. Unfortunately, they seem to be the only commercially available option available to help with some issues. There are a few other carrier variants out there, but I have issues concerning those so far.
    I run the LMT enhanced carriers in many SBR's, including some very short ones with good success.

Feedback Score
    I figured it would be best if i posted in here instead of starting a new topic. So I need a little troubleshooting help. I know everything isn't cut and dry with suppressed sbrs but I am curious about a couple things. My first setup was a 10.5" barrel cut down to a 10.3" with a gas port of .079. I had the Bootleg adjustable bolt carrier in there plus a Geissle Super 42 in the H3 config. Can is a Specwar K. My setup almost perfectly mirrors msnyder0609 setup, down to the rail and ammo used. With this configuration I had ejection at about 1-1:30 with the brass leaving a nice mark on the lip of the brass deflector closest to the ejection port. Gas to the face was very minimal and the recoil felt like a solid push. I figured I needed to tame down the gas some more so I ordered a 10.3" with a .070 port. I also added the the A5 setup with a green Springco spring and a A5H3 buffer. I shot it today but only had the chance to put 20 down it for a quick functions test. Right off the bat I noticed more gas to the face and more felt recoil. The recoil wasn't terrible but it was definitely a harder push. I didn't watch ejection enough as I should of because of the gas but what I did see I noticed that the ejection pattern was much better with no brass being violently thrown from the brass deflector. I guess the point I'm getting to is that based on everything in this thread I got opposite of the results that everyone else got. Should I be looking at changing the buffer to a different weight? I want to reduce the gas to the face as well as get the recoil to what it was before. What does everyone think I should do? The ammo used has been exclusively Wolf Gold and the first setup functioned 100% with and without can. My main purpose is to optimize my setup the best. The gun will probably be suppressed 99% of the time anyways but I would still like to function unsuppressed if need be.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubaderb View Post
    I figured it would be best if i posted in here instead of starting a new topic. So I need a little troubleshooting help. I know everything isn't cut and dry with suppressed sbrs but I am curious about a couple things. My first setup was a 10.5" barrel cut down to a 10.3" with a gas port of .079. I had the Bootleg adjustable bolt carrier in there plus a Geissle Super 42 in the H3 config. Can is a Specwar K. My setup almost perfectly mirrors msnyder0609 setup, down to the rail and ammo used. With this configuration I had ejection at about 1-1:30 with the brass leaving a nice mark on the lip of the brass deflector closest to the ejection port. Gas to the face was very minimal and the recoil felt like a solid push. I figured I needed to tame down the gas some more so I ordered a 10.3" with a .070 port. I also added the the A5 setup with a green Springco spring and a A5H3 buffer. I shot it today but only had the chance to put 20 down it for a quick functions test. Right off the bat I noticed more gas to the face and more felt recoil. The recoil wasn't terrible but it was definitely a harder push. I didn't watch ejection enough as I should of because of the gas but what I did see I noticed that the ejection pattern was much better with no brass being violently thrown from the brass deflector. I guess the point I'm getting to is that based on everything in this thread I got opposite of the results that everyone else got. Should I be looking at changing the buffer to a different weight? I want to reduce the gas to the face as well as get the recoil to what it was before. What does everyone think I should do? The ammo used has been exclusively Wolf Gold and the first setup functioned 100% with and without can. My main purpose is to optimize my setup the best. The gun will probably be suppressed 99% of the time anyways but I would still like to function unsuppressed if need be.
    It's generally better to meter the gas at the gas block as opposed to using buffer weight alone to control suppressed rifle function.

The spring pressure, both in battery and fully out of battery, for the Geissele Super 42 system is going to be higher than the Vltor A5 system.... Even with the Sprinco green A5 spring.

Even still, i find my 11.5" with LMT e-carrier runs smoothest with the A5H4 buffer egg after a significant amount of restriction on the SLR gas block.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    It's generally better to meter the gas at the gas block as opposed to using buffer weight alone to control suppressed rifle function.

The spring pressure, both in battery and fully out of battery, for the Geissele Super 42 system is going to be higher than the Vltor A5 system.... Even with the Sprinco green A5 spring.

Even still, i find my 11.5" with LMT e-carrier runs smoothest with the A5H4 buffer egg after a significant amount of restriction on the SLR gas block.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    I still occasionally hear horror stories about gas blocks carbon locking. I actually ran one for a bit on a 14.5. Didn't really care for it. I know a 10.3 is a whole different beast but I prefer the rock solid reliability of a normal gas block. I guess my first mistake was trying to fix too many variables at once. So is the best answer for me to switch back to the Geissele? Now that I have a properly ported barrel plus the way my previous setup acted (minus ejection), going back to the Super 42 should be perfect then correct?

Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast