Thread: MOE trigger guard help

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

MOE trigger guard help

Need your suggestion(s)
    Installing an MOE trigger guard on my new Noveske chainsaw lower.
    Not sure why, but I really had to tension the trigger guard up into place to get the threaded hole to line up.....was installing the screw/bolt into place and I guess is was still tensioned quite a bit and my allen head driver broke...there's only a tiny bit left to thread in, but when I tried another 1/16 allen driver, it seemed as if the inside wall stripped away and the driver grabs just a little and then basically spins in place....hope that makes sense. I'd rather not drill it out...if I can get the screw/bolt threaded in to where it should be I think it will be perfectly acceptable.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

ADH

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by adh View Post
    Need your suggestion(s)
    Installing an MOE trigger guard on my new Noveske chainsaw lower.
    Not sure why, but I really had to tension the trigger guard up into place to get the threaded hole to line up.....was installing the screw/bolt into place and I guess is was still tensioned quite a bit and my allen head driver broke...there's only a tiny bit left to thread in, but when I tried another 1/16 allen driver, it seemed as if the inside wall stripped away and the driver grabs just a little and then basically spins in place....hope that makes sense. I'd rather not drill it out...if I can get the screw/bolt threaded in to where it should be I think it will be perfectly acceptable.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

ADH
    Had the same thing happen to me when I installed one. I checked to make sure it was locked in and eventually said screw it, if it comes out, it comes out and I'll replace it. It had the Locktite on the threads and hasn't come out yet.

Might not be the answer you are looking for, but removing same might not be the easiest. You could try a 3/32 driver to see if it'll bite in case the pattern is stripped enough to keep the 1/16 from grabbing.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Is the broken end of the bit holding you off? Also, it has been my experience that certain bits will not work here as some portion of them will make contact with the bottom of the mag well before the screw is all the way in.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Although the instructions do not say to, cleaning off the over applied and dried thread locker and running a screw or a tap through the threads of the trigger guard PRIOR to assembly really eases the process. Clean up the plastic threads, apply fresh thread locker of your choice, then tighten, much easier and with much less drama (I too learned through trial and error).
    Last edited by kmrtnsn; 07-15-13 at 21:44.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tog View Post
    Is the broken end of the bit holding you off? Also, it has been my experience that certain bits will not work here as some portion of them will make contact with the bottom of the mag well before the screw is all the way in.
    Nope...no part of the bit is in the screw

Quote Originally Posted by kmrtnsn View Post
    Although the instructions do not say to, cleaning off the over applied and dried thread locker and running a screw or a tap through the threads of the trigger guard PRIOR to assembly really eases the process. Clean up the plastic threads, apply fresh thread locker of your choice, then tighten, much easier and with much less drama (I too learned through trial and error).
    Yep...I should have done this...I did pre-thread it in there, but would have had much less resistance had I cleaned it and reapplied.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I use these instead of the rotten plastic screws.