Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: LMT Enhanced Bolt Question

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    I've been trying to research the LMT enhanced bolt, I'm strongly considering buying one for my DDM4V1 LW (carbine length), I'm strongly sold on the utility of the bolt, but what about the carrier, do you think the DDM4V1 would benefit from the carrier or would it potentially cause issues?
    From what I have gathered regarding the LMT Enhanced BCG, the E-carrier seems to work well on most rifles, offering benefits for some configurations and functioning as a normal carrier on others. There has been quite a bit of testing done with the E-carrier by members much more knowledgeable than myself and multiple threads about it here on M4C. As for the E-bolt, it seems that quite a few members have had issues with the extractor springs not being stiff enough. I'm not sure if there is any way to remedy that... the E-bolt does seem to offer some benefits over a standard bolt, but benefits don't matter when you are having extraction issues. For those reasons, the general consensus seems to be that the E-carrier is GTG, but most of the members here run a standard mil-spec bolt with them.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Not being milspec is the only downside I found regarding the bolt. Any kind of maintenance makes it near impossible since parts are not readily available. I believe Iraqgunz runs the bolt carrier with BCM bolts but I'm not 100% sure.
    NAVY

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    The new bolts do not have extraction issues and offer no downside.
    They are also made of A100 and are nearly indestructible.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by E-man930 View Post
    When you say "new"," how new are we talking? I bought 2 since December and was hoping to know if I got a new one.

Also, mind if I ask how you know new ones don't have extraction problems?
    Last edited by DreadPirateMoyer; 07-14-13 at 23:00.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by E-man930 View Post
    When you say "new"," how new are we talking? I bought 2 since December and was hoping to know if I got a new one.

Also, mind if I ask how you know new ones don't have extraction problems?
    I would also like to hear more about this, as I know Iraqgunz and others run the E-carrier and a standard milspec bolt. Where are you getting this information from?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger89 View Post
    I would also like to hear more about this, as I know Iraqgunz and others run the E-carrier and a standard milspec bolt. Where are you getting this information from?
    That's why I posted, information is a little scarce on this bolt. I've read about problems in the past but last reported problem I've seen was years ago and I know it's undergone some revisions. It was my understanding the bolt is good to go.

My question on here was more or less geared towards the carrier and if it would benefit me to run it with my DDM4 being carbine length, but I suspect the DD is not overgassed so I probably won't even try to run the carrier unless I run into issues.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I agree with Danno about the extractor springs. Though they appear fine, I prefer a nice solid enhanced spring and something that is readily available.

I have 3 different ARs now with the enhanced carriers and standard bolts. Both SBR uppers and my 20" rifle.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I agree with Danno about the extractor springs. Though they appear fine, I prefer a nice solid enhanced spring and something that is readily available.

I have 3 different ARs now with the enhanced carriers and standard bolts. Both SBR uppers and my 20" rifle.
    Does LMT not provide spare parts kits for their enhanced bolts?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Does LMT not provide spare parts kits for their enhanced bolts?
    A cursory glance at their online store only shows complete bolts.

http://www.lmtstore.com/bolts-carrie...html?limit=all

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    A cursory glance at their online store only shows complete bolts.

http://www.lmtstore.com/bolts-carrie...html?limit=all
    Yes, this is why I ask the question, but one would think it would be good business for them to sell spare part kits. Not doing so would turn off potential buyers including myself...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast