Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sights for HK45 or P30L?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Sights for HK45 or P30L?

I like the factory sights OK, but would prefer some TFO's or Trijicons....

Has anyone changed "just the front sight" to a better night sight to their satisfaction? What is the best set up for my HK's. Any watch outs?

Thanks HK shooters.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I put some straight-8's on mine.

http://www.heinie.com/hksights.php
    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

JHP's are good times, for bad people.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Those look good and price seems reasonable. I do not have any str8 8's Did you have them instal them? If so, did you have to sight them in after getting them back? thanks

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I bought the sight separately and installed them myself. Very simple to put them on. But I haven't shot it yet.

If you'd like, I'll post a pic. After all I was playing around with my camera last night.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Since I had a few minutes.

Feedback Score
    I like those big blocky standard sights myself but a tritium front sight would be nice. There is a company that replaces the day glo original sights with tritium inserts and I'm sure they would do just the fronts if you wanted them to. Their name escapes me though..perhaps someone else could fill that in?

It is surprising that there are still not many night sight options for this pistol given the amount of time it has been out.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HK45 View Post
    I like those big blocky standard sights myself but a tritium front sight would be nice. There is a company that replaces the day glo original sights with tritium inserts and I'm sure they would do just the fronts if you wanted them to. Their name escapes me though..perhaps someone else could fill that in?
    Tool Tech -
    http://www.tooltechgunsight.com/

They do excellent work and offer a quick turn around time

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I like the factory sights OK, but would prefer some TFO's or Trijicons....
    Trijicon, Meprolight, and Heinie are the only three companies making P30/HK45 night sights to the best of my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by loupav View Post
    I put some straight-8's on mine.
    Heinie's for me, as well.

(the orange on the front sight was a DIY job, obviously)

Quote Originally Posted by HK45 View Post
    I like those big blocky standard sights myself but a tritium front sight would be nice.
    Different strokes, as they say. I find the factory P30 sights subpar.

There is a company that replaces the day glo original sights with tritium inserts and I'm sure they would do just the fronts if you wanted them to. Their name escapes me though..perhaps someone else could fill that in?
    ToolTech, as Mark71 pointed out. It's essentially the same company as Trijicon.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thanks guys and keep it coming. All alternatives look fine. But the price of the straight 8's wins for me so far. I shot my 45 quite a bit this weekend, really have started to get a feel for the grip. HK did a nice job on the ergonomics. Ordered a Blade tech holster last night. When I get those sights done, I'll be set!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not a whole lot of options when it comes to aftermarket accessories for the HK...sadly. If you're in a hurry you can just black out the rear sight with matte black krylon. Not the best but it does draw your eyes to the front. I ended up with the Heine straight 8's once they came available. Only negative was that I had to spend some quality time on McMaster-Carr looking for some shorter set screws. Mine stuck out like crazy above the sight. Aside from that they were great sights.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast