Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Auto's only. Lets see Them!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    My Big boy and little guy and little guy at a LAV subgun class:
    Attachment 2785

Attachment 2786
    Last edited by m4fun; 10-02-10 at 00:04.
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zgrins1 View Post
    Mongo, is that a FN model D on a second pic?
    Nope, its a Kg m/37 which is the Swedish BAR. It uses the same receiver as a 1918 but the Swedes retrofitted to have a quick change barrel. The gun is in 6.5X55 and shoots very smooth. My gun was made in 1927 which means it started life as a Kg m/21 and was changed to the m/37 model at some time in its life. The gun has not been refinish and the bluing is original and all the serial numbers match (and the Swedes serial number ever part). I own all the accessories for it except the clip on night sights. I have several guys in Sweden looking for them for me. The amount of support equipment is extensive for the gun and has been fun tracking it down and collecting it.

Kg m/37 movie = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxrSPmUkIEY
    or higher res version = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxrSPmUkIEY

Pictures of how the quick change barrel works = http://home.comcast.net/~sfischer397/swedishbar/qcb.htm

You can see more pics of all my unique guns at http://home.comcast.net/~sfischer397/index.htm

I just need Stickman to come down to Texas to take pictures of my guns that do them justice. How about it Stickman, you would even get to shoot them.

Some pics

Last edited by Mongo; 07-13-09 at 22:35. Reason: spelling
    Firearms engineer for hire on a piece work basis.

http://weaponblueprints.com/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Crocs View Post
    Thanks for the info! BTW, I checked out the vid on your LMG. Very nice!
    Here is some info to give you an idea on how the trigger group works on the open bolt LMG set up in the M16.

As you can see in the diagram, there is no typical sear surface on the hammer like you would see on a M16/AR15. The hammer becomes the sear for the bolt carrier, hence it holds the bolt carrier in the rear position until the trigger is pulled. The hammer is then held back until the bolt carrier completely closes and is tripped by the bolt carrier. The open bolt carrier has a sear notch on the bottom of it. Putting a standard carrier in a gun with open bolt trigger group will yield a run away gun. Also using the open bolt carrier in a gun with standard M16 trigger group will lock the gun up solid and you will have to remove the take down pins and wiggle it apart (seen one guy do this). There is no forward assist on the LMG since when the bolt closes the gun fires and it would be really dangerous to be push the carrier home with the forward assist when the gun fired and cycled.

Last edited by Mongo; 07-13-09 at 22:43.
    Firearms engineer for hire on a piece work basis.

http://weaponblueprints.com/

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    what kind of receiver is that, carlos?

I'm not Carlos, but that appears to be a Colt SP-1 AR-15 receiver that was converted and registered.

My Andrewski Sterling Mk.4 on a DLO tube....

Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Thanks to all the posters for the vicarious thrills.

Really nice firearms, gentlemen. May they bring you many years of enjoyment.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Mongo, hope you dont mind, but that pic of the Stoner is my new wallpaper on my laptop! You guys who live in free states are killing me.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Nice weapons, thanks for sharing. Is the paperwork approval process more difficult with a MG than an SBR?

Feedback Score
    Hey, Mongo. Thanks for the pics, links and review. I've never even heard of this gun before today. That thing is totally awesome. Wish we could own MG's here in People's Republic of Illinois. Your collection is just unbelievable. My respect to you.

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast