Thread: Wall Penetration Video... Interesting.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up Wall Penetration Video... Interesting.

This video was posted on another forum.

It showcases shots at drywall with 9mm, .45, .223, Buck Shot, and Bird Shot...

While I'm no ballistics expert, this is the first time I've seen a video showing what actually happens, as purposed to ballistic speculation.

Enjoy.

http://www.downrange.tv/bestdefense/...enetration.htm

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Birdshot may or may not penetrate enough to stop a determined threat. Also, not every shot is full frontal chest, with thin clothing @ 5 feet.

Dick Cheney shot Harry Whittington, 78, in the face with birdshot inside of 25yds. +/- 75 feet and the guy was bruised but relatively Ok. Choosing birdshot could put you at the outside of your effective range, facing someone with a handgun, rifle or shotgun well inside their effective range.

Inability to penetrate gypsum board also usually reflects poorly on capability to reach vitals on a human target.
    Last edited by SHIVAN; 07-07-09 at 22:13.

Feedback Score
    VTLO910, you saw what happens when various projectiles hit walls--NOT the terminal effects of projectiles AFTER projectiles first penetrate an intermediate barrier. To assess that critical component, gel blocks would have needed to be placed behind the wall replicas to capture the projectiles--unfortunately, that was not done, so we really didn't learn anything about intermediate barrier terminal effects...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Both of you bring up good points...

I posted it to let it be an open dialogue... So I encourage others to post things that may not have been considered...