Thread: Couple NEW AMD 65 questions

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Couple NEW AMD 65 questions

This is for the FEG receivered weapons with real Hungarian barrel:

I understand they are builds OFF of an SA 2000 which was single stack.

1. Did they cut the barrel and put into a 65 config? Or were the 2000s already short barreled, wire stocked, etc.? (I ask because I have heard they have matching numberes etc.).

2. Are they the "right" gas system?

3. I suppose if you want to run real mags (not US junk) you need to change the floorplate and followers?

4. I suppose these would make an easy and cheap SBR?

Thnanks.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    It's very, very, very hard to make broad sweeping declarations about an AK that's available on the US market, since things change so rapidly do to available resources and different companies doing different things.

The single stack SA 2000's were originally sold with a thumbhole stock, so any other stock configuration was added later.

From what I remember, the SA 2000's had a standard 16" carbine length barrel, but a short gas system from the AMD-65.

As far as mags go, I just rock standard military magazines, if you have a compliance issue, you could change something fairly innocuous like the floor plate.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've seen ads for century builds - guess they are old parts kits on US barrels and receivers and gas blocks fwd. Don't need this.

Don't know if all the FEG rec guns have FEG barrels, but would think so. I guess that cutting the barrels down is a marketing plow - otherwise they should have stuck to a 63 configuration and regular US muzzle device.

I've also heard of all matching parts on the FEG guns, but don't know.

I know most hate the stock, but the one I held felt SO solid, that I was amazed. AMD TECH may be a good solution to cheek weld.