Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which aftermarket Glock sights and trigger mods?

Feedback Score

Which aftermarket Glock sights and trigger mods?

Hello everyone,

I carry a stock Glock 19 with Meprolight 3-dot night sights. in the appendix position. I'd like to improve my sight picture and also the trigger quality.

The 3-dot sighting system really confuses my eyes. I hate it. I tend to focus on the rear sights more than the front sight! I'd like to get a new set of sights that have a single dot in the front and no dots in the rear. The two top contenders right now seem to be the Warren tactical sights and the Heinie Straight-8's. What are your thoughts on these for carry? What other sights would you recommend that fit my criteria?

The standard Glock trigger is ok. I am happy with the reset and overall length. But I'd like to significantly lessen the dramatic increase in pull weight at the end when it hits the connector. I'd prefer a smoother, "all one weight" pull right up till the trigger breaks. If that requires the pull to be a bit heavier, that's fine. I'd also like the break to be more crisp. Again, I'm fine with the reset length. Overtravel is ok, but if it could be improved, that would be great too. Again, this is a carry gun, so it needs to be 100% reliable. What aftermarket trigger parts would you recommend? I hear good things about the Ghost triggers like the "Rocket". Any opinions on this one? What other options do I have that would achieve a trigger pull like I'm describing?

Thanks for your time and sharing of your knowledge.

Chris
    Last edited by Chris17404; 06-04-09 at 20:23.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    NY1 trigger spring with a 3.5 connector (i prefer ghost) for your trigger

warren tactical sights....

that package is exactly what you are asking for....
    VA Arms Co alumnus

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    A Glock NY1 and 3.5lb connector and Warren 2 dot sights or even faster Warren 'mix' sights (night sight front, plain black rear).

For those that subscribe to the "Don't shoot to reset" bullshit I say "Bring it, don't sing it". Bring a non-resetting trigger like a SIG P250 or Kahr and my Glock 17, My STI and my M&P Pro and lets shoot a plate rack and see which is faster, my time with both and your times with both.......essentially "put up or shut up".
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    For those that subscribe to the "Don't shoot to reset" bullshit I say "Bring it, don't sing it". Bring a non-resetting trigger like a SIG P250 or Kahr and my Glock 17, My STI and my M&P Pro and lets shoot a plate rack and see which is faster, my time with both and your times with both.......essentially "put up or shut up".

i firmly believe this is the reason rumors are starting to pop up that Sig is considering a striker fired variant of the P250.....(and my guess is they are exactly that....rumors)

granted I'm a novice shooter at best, but I short stroked the hell out of the P250 trigger....
    Last edited by trio; 06-04-09 at 21:49.
    VA Arms Co alumnus

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I can't comment on triggers, as I am still kind of in the dark/ not too bothered with that yet (soon). But for sights I can recommend Warrens. I had always had 3 dot sights and wanted to try something new and get a single front/rear lamp set up. Due to availability(and my own impatience) I got the traditional single front double rear set up and am beyond impressed (Thanks VA arms co.!). The rear lamps are yellow and a bit dimmer than the front. And for day light shooting the front sight has a nice white ring around it where the rear does not and I don't notice the rear lamps at all. I like these sights alot, they work really well for me and my shooting has made a noticeable improvement.

Feedback Score
    I like straight 8s, glock 3.5 connector as a combo for your specs. Something else to consider is putting a G17 trigger & bar in for a smooth faced trigger if you prefer a smooth trigger face to the stock grooved 19s.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Ameriglo

Give the Ameriglo Pro glo front sight a try. I have one, and another on order. It has a bright tritium dot with orange "glow" paint around it. The orange really helps pick up the front sight, and it is recessed so it won't scratch off. You can charge the glow paint with a flashlight and you have a glowing front sight instead of just a dot (the tritium always glows of course). I used to paint my front sights orange, but this is a better, more permanent solution.

For the rear, try an Ameriglo combat rear. You end up with a .140 front and a .200wide rear which makes them very easy to pick up quickly.

Best of all that package will only run you about $75 plus shipping. I purchase mine direct from Ameriglo, and they have excellent customer service.

Feedback Score

Trigger

I had a Lightning Strike Trigger on my Glock 19. Loved it.
    "I just can't believe we're going to walk into certain death. " - Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects

ToddG Guest
    If I were to carry a Glock, I'd set it up with a factory 3.5 connector, NY1 trigger spring, and Warren 2-dot night sights.

The trigger combination gives me a reasonable weight with strong reset. I'm sure there are finer tweaks that could be made, but in my experience a lot of people worry about tiny differences in overtravel, etc., that they can only notice when dry firing. Put them on a clock with a stock gun vs. a tweaked gun and the results are the same. So why spend the money?

The sight combination provides the best sight picture under the widest range of lighting conditions.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post

Could you explain this a little more? I understand the technical difference in the guns (how far forward the trigger has to go to reset), but in terms of trigger control technique - what are you advocating?

I've always been taught to let the trigger ride forward and reset immediately after each shot (rather than keeping it pressed back). Some folks have taught me to let it go only to the reset point, others have taught me to let the trigger go all the way forward (but keep my finger in contact with the trigger) and then repeat my normal trigger press, taking up the slack and then smoothly squeezing through the final break. I seem to shoot much more consistently with the latter technique.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast