Quote Originally Posted by Blankwaffe View Post
Looking to try something new and not 5.56.Ive gone about as far as I can with the 5.56 configurations as well as needing more punch and range without going 7.62 NATO,which I have already.
The Alexander Arms .50 Beowulf is what I looked at initially,but the 6.5 Grendel is geared toward my style of shooting and hunting.Plus it looks to be alot easier to find ammo for.
So does anyone here have an opinion/experience on the 6.5 Grendel Tactical 16" upper?
Would a longer barrel be a better choice with this caliber?
Is the muzzle brake worth the additional money,or is the standard FH all thats needed?
Any info that can be provided is welcome as Im getting ready to put one on order friday.
Im staying with Alexander Arms,so that is the brand focus/preference I have.
Primary use will be target and hunting,but maybe used as a defensive training weapon from time to time.
TIA
That's most likely what I'll acquire in the not too distant future. From my research that barrel length and the 6.5 Grendel is a good match.

I think that with the right bullet and powder some impressive results can be had, some VERY impressive results. Most current handloads are in the 49k psi to 53k psi range, when the right combination is found that gets pressures up to the level the .223 Remington or the 5.56NATO has been for years, the 6.5 Grendel will have truly arrived.