Thread: WTK: New Glock recoil spring assemblies

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

WTK: New Glock recoil spring assemblies

I got some new recoil spring assemblies for the 17 and 19 that are marked "1" opposite the base part number. My understanding is that they have a stronger plastic formulation, but upon installation, in the 19, the spring force feels higher. Was there a change in spring rating on these?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Glock recoil springs

spr1,

I recently ordered 15 recoil spring assemblies for our department pistols and almost half where damaged in the packaging. All the other recoil springs I have bought have been captive, the new ones separated and launched the springs inside the shipping bag. I put them all back together and 5 came apart again.

I am still waiting for a response from Glock, they do not seem to be real receptive to correcting this matter. We have been issuing Glocks since 1995 and prior to this never really had a problem with support from them.

In regards to your initial question I dont know that they have changed the compound of the actual spring, I will check with my co-worker who just recently attended Glock armorers class and see if they mentioned anything about recoil springs in his class.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wlptpd3 View Post
    I am still waiting for a response from Glock, they do not seem to be real receptive to correcting this matter. We have been issuing Glocks since 1995 and prior to this never really had a problem with support from them.
    If you tell Glock your Department will stop issuing them to your officers, I bet they will more receptive to your issues.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    To be fair, they have 150,000 pistols back-ordered, it is possible they are a bit overwhelmed at the moment.

I realize it isn't an excuse, but it is more understandable.

M_P

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    the first one I tried in a 19 is also really hard to get in, I think it is binding in the hole in the front of the slide for the rod to pass through.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    any new info?

Feedback Score
    I did my 3rd Glock Armorer class about a month ago.
    The spring weight is the same, but a different composition is used with the "plastic" rod. Instructor said it was changed to handle the heat better.
    Last edited by TN-popo; 08-31-10 at 18:19.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Thanks, any comments about the fit? My new ones are very hard to install due to the cap piece being larger in diameter and not fitting smoothly into the clearance hole in the slide.