Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Glock 17 RTF?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)

Thoughts on the Glock 17 RTF?

My FFL got a couple in, has anyone put a significant number of rounds through one? I'd like to know the difference in feel between these and a regular Gen 3 17 when shooting. I already have a Gen 2 17, a Gen 3 17, and a 17C, so I don't really need one, but I kinda want one.
    Last edited by Rider79; 07-10-09 at 06:13.
    "It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I played with a G22 RTF at a local store. It definitely has a more positive feel to it than a standard model. And you get better control over the weapon if someone tries a weapon take away, or so it was demonstrated.

That's all the experience I have with one.
    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

JHP's are good times, for bad people.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    just seems like its gonna give a guy some blisters till the sandpaper-fine stippling wears off.

my take, after playing with one

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Basically what I want to know is, with the rough texture, is it going to be comfortable enough to put a decent number of rounds through for training? I'm in the process of upgrading my current Glocks to the NY1/3.5 w/ Warren sights setup, I don't shoot the 17C (it was custom painted by a friend who has passed), and I'd like to keep the Gen 3 17 bone stock as a teaching gun. So I'm looking for another Gen 3 17 for use as a possible future duty gun, etc. and I want to know if the RTF is worth the extra cost.
    "It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I find the texture to be more aggressive than it need be on the backstrap of my G22RTF2...
    Last edited by varoadking; 07-10-09 at 06:34.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by varoadking View Post
    I find the texture to be more aggressive than it need be on the backstrap of my G22RTF2...
    How many rounds have you put through it so far? How do your hands feel after a 200 round session?

Feedback Score
    I have the G22 RTF and love it. I have ran it through some Combat Pistol Courses and have about 800 rounds through it. I have not had any problems, blisters, scrapes from the grip. Of course my hands are kind of rough, I work out with Kettlebells with no gloves. I really like the grip as the finger grooves are not as "enhanced" like they are with a regular Glock, so the grip actually fits my hands. Since getting it, I have tried shooting a buddy's G19 and G17 (both regulars) and neither grip fits my hands. I am waiting for Glock to come out with a G19 or G23 in the RTF.

Feedback Score
    I'm underwhelmed by the RTF's. Seems like Glocks meager attempt to improve their ergo's in response to much more ergonomic pistols like the M&P's. Also according to Combat handguns people with big hands and high thumbs grip have found the new slide serrations to not feel very good in recoil.
    Last edited by HK45; 07-10-09 at 10:08.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    If I don't sell off my Glocks I would like to get my old 17 reframed with the RTF. That way I could keep the old-style serrations.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Why don't you send your 17 to Boresight Solutions and have him texture it? I am sure the texture will be much more ergonomic and visually more appealing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast