Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts on the Glock 17 RTF?

Feedback Score
    scj, not sure what you're talking about, but assume you have evidence to back this up? I'm not a Glock defender, but I'm also not in the business of speculation.

Feedback Score
    If you shoot high thumbs and/or have big hands I when the slide recoils it can scrape you fingers or hands. According to the Combat Handguns article and to a few people I know who have shot the 22 RTF. I have not shot one myself but I shoot high thumbs and have apelike hands so it caught my attention. But I have no personal experience of this.

Quote Originally Posted by civilian View Post
    Not sure I follow why the definitely ugly slide serrations should come into play during recoil.

Feedback Score
    I promised I'd put up some pics of my G17 RTF and finally got around to snapping a few photos tonight.
    The gun with a TLR-1 light fits perfectly in a Raven Concealment Light holster that I originally ordered for a G34/35 and TLR-1 combo. Same holster also works for my G19 with TLR-1 and Lone Wolf threaded barrel.
    Great post! Thanks. Those Raven Concealment holsters are the shit aren't they? I have 8 or 9 of them and am ordering more. It's pretty hard to stand out in the sea of Kydex/plastic holsters but Raven has done quite well.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Well, my quest for a 2nd gen 19 just started to annoy me, so I think I might grab another 2nd gen 17 for a teaching gun instead.

ETA: That was a great post, civilian, and exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Much appreciated.
    Last edited by Rider79; 07-13-09 at 12:00.
    "It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    scj, not sure what you're talking about, but assume you have evidence to back this up? I'm not a Glock defender, but I'm also not in the business of speculation.
    I do not have one drop of evidence. Has Glock ever admitted to the phase three problem, the G19 firing when the slide is dropped,requiring the six part upgrade or the G22 jamming issues.

www.thegunzone.com/glock/hhnj.html
    www.thegunzone.com/glock/upgrade-faq.html
    www.thegunzone.com/glock/extractors.html
    www.thegunzone.com/glock/phase3.html
    www.thegunzone.com/glock/problems2004.html

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc3081 View Post
    I presume that the G22 RTF is not only a cosmetic change but a secret attempt to correct the G22 jamming issues

If Glock knows how to fix the G22/light issue, they could just as easily make changes to the standard frame. Otherwise, you're suggesting that they'll continue to make one version of the G22 that they know has a problem, and another version which doesn't.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post

If Glock knows how to fix the G22/light issue, they could just as easily make changes to the standard frame. Otherwise, you're suggesting that they'll continue to make one version of the G22 that they know has a problem, and another version which doesn't.
    I never though of that, I guess my observation may be and probably is incorrect.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    just seems like its gonna give a guy some blisters till the sandpaper-fine stippling wears off.
    Single tear
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123