Thread: Aimpoint 3x

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)

Aimpoint 3x

Can someone who has one of these let me know if with the magnifier flipped up if you can still shoot with both eyes open? I am debating getting this over a 4x acog and building up a rifle with a nightforce for being precise at longer ranges. Thanks...

Feedback Score
    i only use my Aimpoint 3x with both eyes open.

really with any low power scope, you should always keep both eyes open while acquiring and maintaining a sight picture. i even shoot both eyes open with my 4-16x optic on my SPR type AR.

its not an issue, both eyes open is really the only way to use the Aimpoint 3x

as far as choosing between the Aimpoint set up, a Nightforce or an ACOG....well you're on your own with that, buddy. 'fraid i cant help you there.
    Last edited by Parabellum9x19mm; 07-11-09 at 21:42.
    TUEBOR

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Yep you can shoot with both eyes open with the 3x.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Thanks guys. Also does the dot remain the same size or does it get magnified as well?

Feedback Score
    the dot will appear larger, but in reality is still the same size in relation to everything else in your field of view, which is also being magnified

a 2MOA dot without the magnifier, is still a 2MOA dot with the magnifier.

a 2MOA dot doesn't become a 6MOA dot when magnified.

on another note, the Aimpoint 3x has adjustment screws so you can center the dot perfectly in the sight picture of the magnifier. making these adjustments do not effect the zero, its just a user preference thing.
    Last edited by Parabellum9x19mm; 07-12-09 at 19:53.
    TUEBOR