Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bobro or LaRue?

Feedback Score
    Having used both, I now will only use Bobro. Nothing wrong with Larue, I just feel that the Bobro is a better product.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Does Bobro make a mount for M4/4S ?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Does Bobro make a mount for M4/4S ?
    Yes it's called a Bobro BLAC mount.

You can mount the M4/S so that the lever is on the left or right side. It uses the factory supplied Aimpoint mounting screws and the spacer if you want the lower 1/3 co-witness.

Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    I have both Bobro and Larue scope (SPR) mounts. Larue is rock solid and tight and is dedicated to my SPRish upper. One thing, Bobro, is easy to dismount and can be transferred from one rail to another without adjustment. I use my Bobro-mounted Weaver CE to do barrel accuracy grouping on a couple of my other uppers.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    How does the Bobro do for stuffing a magnifier and BUIS behind the M4?
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    FWIW most if not all people with no experience with Bobro prefer LaRue.....just sayin'.
    Same's true the other side of the coin, I suppose, so I won't fall into that trap.

I was recently trying to decide this same issue - wanted an M4s and also wanted to upgrade to a solid QD mount.

I went with the BOBRO after some public and private advice here and elsewhere. It took less than a minute for me to swap from the factory mount... piece of cake. It locked on solid. I'm pleased. For me, I think this was a great choice. Huge bonus that, although I doubt I'll ever swap, I had the versatility to try both absolute and lower 1/3 co-witness with the same mount to determine which I would actually prefer. I'd never used co-witnessed sights before - plenty of scopes, sure...

I won't say anything about comparison to the LaRue - don't know a damned thing about them first-hand. I will say, though, that the BOBRO has given me no reason to wonder, and if it proves to be as solid as it appears, color me happy.

At some point, I am hoping to talk my wife into a T1 for hers, and, if she wants an aftermarket mount, I'm pretty sure which direction we'll be looking.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    How does the Bobro do for stuffing a magnifier and BUIS behind the M4?
    It can be a bit tight depending on the particular magnifier, magnifier mount and BUIS.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123