Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Whats your feeling on a Keltec PF9 or P3AT?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by G19dude View Post
    Kel Tec now carries a metal shim you can buy to slide in the back of the mag to prevent rimlock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAcl-zZPvxA

It is a long video so fwd to 24:30
    Thanks for the reply and I apologize for my much-delayed reply.

I have tried the Kel-Tec spacer kit as well as homemade spacers. They do prevent rimlock, but cause another issue. By pushing the rounds forward in the magazine, they cause the noses of the bullets to hit the slide stop, causing premature slide lock. One could, I suppose, machine out a portion of the slide stop so that the noses of the bullets no longer hit it, although it would also prevent this part from functioning as intended.

Feedback Score
    A buddy & I picked up brown PF9s in 2010. Both have approximately 500 rounds through them. We both have strong fundamentals, and neither of us have had a malfunction. Mine did FTE once when I loaned it to a bonehead at the range who limp wristed it. I should have known better when I saw him let his own pistol come up over his head during recoil.

I learned my lesson with the Kahr PM9 that pistols of this size will not stay reliable for long with heavy range use. That's fine because the PF9 is painful to shoot and has an extremely loud report. I need virtually no practice to stay combat accurate with it out to 10 yards. That's definitely not the case with the LCP, a tough pistol to shoot well.

I avoid carrying my PF9 as much as possible because, lets face it, its not a service pistol. However, it conceals so much better than even a G26/HK SK/M&Pc class of pistol that its worth owning. Mine most frequently gets carried in a pocket during bike rides, gym trips, and other places where the deepest concealment is necessary.

Feedback Score
    Now that my Kahr PM40 is fully reliable, my P-3AT seldom gets carried. However, it has been a faithful companion for more than five years, never failing to go bang when requested.

My wife an I both still shoot our P-3AT's from time to time because it's necessary if you plan to hit anything with them when you need them. When I clean them, they seem almost toy-like in size. But, they sure do disappear when that's important.

That said, I am trying to sell off my stash of .380 ACP. It seems as if .40 S&W in the Kahr is actually easier to shoot, partly because of the smooth trigger, I believe.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456