Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just bought a GSG (MP5 clonish) .22LR

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

just bought a GSG (MP5 clonish) .22LR

I just bought a GSG .22LR and I am impressed. It looks and feels like a "real gun". It cycles very quickly and smoothly. I had looked at the new AR platforms but nothing really got me going. But I wanted one b/c, hey .22lr is cheap.

It may not be perfect, but it is very nice for under $500. I am going to shoot it for a while with irons, then I may get the Aimpoint micro for it. If your considering a .22Lr semi auto, give these a look.

Feedback Score
    Been there, done that, moved on to a dedicated upper. Glad you're happy with it though.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Do these work with standard velocity .22 LR?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    Do these work with standard velocity .22 LR?
    Mine had a preference for high velocity ammo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep297 View Post
    Been there, done that, moved on to a dedicated upper. Glad you're happy with it though.
    Same here. Dedicated upper FTW.

Feedback Score
    thanks for the heads-up on the GSG! am actually thinking of getting one for my wife to use. she hates using the M4, and considers the shotgun too painful on her shoulder and on her delicate hands (well, she's an ophthalmologist, and her hands are delicate, surgeon's hands). she liked using my mother's marlin plinker at the farm, and this might be a nice option.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The best semi auto .22 is probably the Ruger 10/22.

I also own a GSG. I wanted a MP5 clone for fun, and for my son to shoot.

Their Ak version is out now too.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    +1 for the GSG, I have two; one is bone stock the other has all the GSG mods/accessories. I enjoyed shooting them while I was home, fun, accurate, fairly straight forward to clean. I would have bought a Ti anniversary edition if I could have found one while I was home.

Watch how many rounds you load in the mags, they'll actually take more than 22 and that causes feed issues.

Also, had one mag go bad already. Do not use the mag for a grip, you will misfeed.

Feedback Score
    It is a toy, and I mean that with no disrespect, I love mine. I don't have an MP5, so there is no training value, and if anything it might help develop scars. Lord almighty, that is fun to shoot. I don't like the iron sights, I have the add on rail, but haven't picked up a RDS for it. I see it was a way to burn 22 ammo, be able to hand someone a cool gun to shoot and not wince when I realize it is a can of Coke everytime they send a .223 round down range. "You want to try the gun, sure, here's a full mag."

People seem to buy and sell them, I like it just for the look it gets on the range.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    The best semi auto .22 is probably the Ruger 10/22.

I also own a GSG. I wanted a MP5 clone for fun, and for my son to shoot.

Their Ak version is out now too.
    tempted to buy a ruger, but here they cost more than the GSG. plus the GSG comes with 2 22 round magazines. rugers come with a single 10 rounder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast