Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need info re: 10 round magazines

Feedback Score

Need info re: 10 round magazines

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase quality yet reasonable 10 round 5.56 magazines. I really like the P-mags but don't think they are available in 10 rounders.

Thanks, Dr. Mike

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My local store has 10/30 pmags but they are really expensive. They are out there but not listed on magpuls web store. Not sure why.
    "Oh, its a wonderful day! My sun is shining, my birds are chirping, my humongous chicken defeated Elmo." Huxley

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I am limited to neutered mags as I live in Ca. The retailer I have had excellent experience with is www.midwestpx.com. The gentleman, Ty, who runs the company is a former Ca. resident. They have 20 and 30 round PMAGs that are permanantly blocked to 10 rounds aswell as some special modified/cut PMAGs that also only hold 10 rounds. Hope this helps.

Mike

Feedback Score

great service via web - local in socal

the riflegear folks are great:
    http://www.riflegear.com/default.aspx
    great service - local in socal

Feedback Score
    +1 for both Riflegear.com and Midwestpx.com. I have bought 10 round pmags from both companies with no complaints.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I took a carbine class yesterday using (2) Henderson Defense 30round PMags limited to 15 and (3) Midwest PX 30 round PMags limited to 15 as well.

All fed just fine with no issued other than if I had them loaded with 15 rounds it was very difficult to get them to seat below a closed bolt. However if feeding them in when the bolt is locked back they did not cause any double feeds or any other problems. I suppose this is similar to loading 28 rounds in a 30 round mag instead of 30. Once I started loading 14 rounds, I had no problems.

I prefer the Midwest PX mags only because they have an option to install ranger plates where as Henderson Defense does not. I find the ranger plates helpful when pulling the magazines out of a chest rig.

Other than that, they both function just fine.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

10 Rounders

I have been using C Product 10 rounders with good results. I know other people feel they are crap, but they come with Magpul or Magpul copy followers and fit all 5 of my AR's. I have three and my son and his roommate have one each.

We live in the PRK so are limited to legal 10 rounders. I have noticed a trend at the gun shows lately that there are a ton of 20/30 round "rebuild" kits. They are sold unassembled and are represented as a legal sale, they may be, but I don't think they smell right. I watch a guy selling 30 round mags at the Orange County Fairground show selling them 20 feet from two OC Sheriffs deputies. That gave me pause, these make me think of stings.

Back to the OP, try to get a brand new 10 rounder, the modified ones may not function when you need them.

Feedback Score
    I rotated twenty 10/30 P-Mags modified by Ty of Midwestpx during a magpul 3 day class earlier this year and had no issues with them.
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Wouldn’t be possible to take a 20rd pmag and put a block inside to reduce the capacity to 10rd and then epoxy the floor plate on?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast