Thread: KAC triple tap ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    107 (100%)

KAC triple tap ?

Anyone running one of these? I've got a chance to get one but I'm still undecided.

Trying to see how it compares to the PWS.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    It is supposed to be really good, down side is price.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    A couple weeks ago I hosted a Magpul Dynamics' ( www.magpuldynamics.com ) Pistol 1 / Pistol 2 course. During that course on a break, Travis Haley and I went to another range to get some rounds down range on a couple carbines. While I was there Travis let me get some trigger time on his S&W M&P upper along with Costa's 11.5" KAC upper with KAC Triple Tap brake and KAC handstop.

I have the Surefire 556k brake on a couple of my personal carbines and it's a very effective brake. Loud and obnoxious, but effective/

I fired the Surefire 556k brake and KAC Triple Tap brake back to back.

The 556k was noticeably louder and I noticed the blast more, but reduction in muzzle flip was very good.

First thing I noticed when I shot Costa's KAC upper was that the it lacked the obnoxious blast of the 556k and wasn't nearly as loud, yet recoil reduction was close to that of the 556K (not the same, but close). The Triple Tap dispurses gases and blast 360 degrees instead of just at 3 and 9 o'clock like most muzzle brakes.

I was unable to do a side by side comparison of the Triple Tap vs. the USGI A2 flash hider / compensator, but I would say that the KAC Triple Tap is slightly louder than the A2 compensator, but not by a wide margin.

Overall I was extreemly impressed with the KAC 11.5" upper and the Triple Tap. Very smooth cycling, overall package was short and compact, enough rail real estate, very little muzzle climb, and not overly loud or obnoxious.

The Triple Tap was short in overall length, it did an excellent job at reducing muzzle flip and felt recoil, the muzzle blast was minimal, it was not obnoxious (like many other muzzle brakes), I would buy one if I had the extra coin on hand. I was very impressed.

I'm not made of money, but if I had the extra $$$ I would definitely purchase a Triple Tap and the KAC 11.5" upper. Enough with my rambling....here's some pics:

Triple Tap brake from a top angle

Triple tap brake from a bottom angle (looing up)

Straight on shot of Costa's upper

A view from a top angle

Getting some rounds down range on Costa's upper...Note the KAC handstop:

I have several PWS comps but was unable to shoot the PWS side by side with the KAC Triple Tap, so I won't give an opinion because I was unable to do a side by side comparison.

S/F,
    Jeff

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If you have the money...buy it.

Its a wonderful piece of gear.

If you're questioning whether or not its "worth" it, buy an FSC556 and never look back.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Did a quick search.... Holy cow is that thing really $400+!

Feedback Score
    I agree with Mags.

The price is NOT worth the admission.

If you have disposable income, stocked up on ammo, and are good to go with training, yeah I'd throw down the bills to get one.

But if it came down to a 400 dollar muzzle device or a 3 day carbine/pistol course...I'd go w/the later.

The brake works and works damn well though..
    Last edited by Derek_Connor; 07-15-09 at 07:21.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC03 View Post
    A couple weeks ago I hosted a Magpul Dynamics' ( www.magpuldynamics.com ) Pistol 1 / Pistol 2 course. During that course on a break, Travis Haley and I went to another range to get some rounds down range on a couple carbines. While I was there Travis let me get some trigger time on his S&W M&P upper along with Costa's 11.5" KAC upper with KAC Triple Tap brake and KAC handstop.

I have the Surefire 556k brake on a couple of my personal carbines and it's a very effective brake. Loud and obnoxious, but effective/

I fired the Surefire 556k brake and KAC Triple Tap brake back to back.

The 556k was noticeably louder and I noticed the blast more, but reduction in muzzle flip was very good.

First thing I noticed when I shot Costa's KAC upper was that the it lacked the obnoxious blast of the 556k and wasn't nearly as loud, yet recoil reduction was close to that of the 556K (not the same, but close). The Triple Tap dispurses gases and blast 360 degrees instead of just at 3 and 9 o'clock like most muzzle brakes.

I was unable to do a side by side comparison of the Triple Tap vs. the USGI A2 flash hider / compensator, but I would say that the KAC Triple Tap is slightly louder than the A2 compensator, but not by a wide margin.

Overall I was extreemly impressed with the KAC 11.5" upper and the Triple Tap. Very smooth cycling, overall package was short and compact, enough rail real estate, very little muzzle climb, and not overly loud or obnoxious.

The Triple Tap was short in overall length, it did an excellent job at reducing muzzle flip and felt recoil, the muzzle blast was minimal, it was not obnoxious (like many other muzzle brakes), I would buy one if I had the extra coin on hand. I was very impressed.

I'm not made of money, but if I had the extra $$$ I would definitely purchase a Triple Tap and the KAC 11.5" upper. Enough with my rambling....here's some pics:

Triple Tap brake from a top angle

Triple tap brake from a bottom angle (looing up)

Straight on shot of Costa's upper

A view from a top angle

Getting some rounds down range on Costa's upper...Note the KAC handstop:

I have several PWS comps but was unable to shoot the PWS side by side with the KAC Triple Tap, so I won't give an opinion because I was unable to do a side by side comparison.

S/F,
    Jeff
    so costa is using the trijicon sight instead of the aimpoint now?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Look at the timestamp on that photo.
    Last edited by Magsz; 09-23-10 at 14:03.

Feedback Score
    FO' hundred dollars?????

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Look at the timestamp on that photo.
    LOL holy hell...