Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KAC triple tap ?

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyguy1 View Post
    since were talking brakes and the original thread was started last year I think it pertinent to introduce the Battle comp into this thread. it does what the KAC TT does for a 1/4 of the cost.

1/3rd of the cost, and the BC is not a can mount (yet).

I have two TT's, a BC 1.0, and a BABC.

They are both very good but serve different roles. The TT, as well as being a great comp, is also an NT4 can mount. I know that last part doesn't apply to too many folks but for those it does apply to the TT is an excellent option as you get one of the best comps on the market and when used with the can will prolong the life of the can pretty well (according to KAC). Can's are a lot more expensive than comps, and the the TT was designed to live in the harsh environment inside of the NT4.

For those running just a straight comp with no aspirations of running an NT4 the BC is the better value.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    has anyone done a live fire comparison of the KAC Triple Tap and the Battle Comp?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snakedoctor View Post
    has anyone done a live fire comparison of the KAC Triple Tap and the Battle Comp?
    not side by side.. but i've fired both. as belmont (who probably has fired them side by side) said, the BC is the way to go if you don't need the can mountability. the BC mitigates muzzle rise as well or better, but without the thermonuclear detonation.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Since I started the thread, its about time I respond. I have 2 triple taps, along with 2 battle comps. I have fired both one right after the other.

They both are great. If you plan on getting a kac can, then I would say get a triple tap for obvious reasons. If a kac can is not in your plans, I would definitely say go for the battle comp.

I feel that the battle comp is much easier on the ears, and has less concussion, as well as having much less flash.

Imho you cant beat the battle comp for the price. I will be getting 2 more in the near future. For 2 new uppers.
    Last edited by cop1211; 10-02-10 at 02:43. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Talking Fory Ebonically-Challenged Bretheren - I Got Yo Back, Bro!

Quote Originally Posted by mike_556 View Post
    FO' hundred dollars?????
    Nah, Busta. Dat be Fo' Hunnud Dollas.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snakedoctor View Post

I'm working on a project for Military Times that is covering next generation muzzle devices, these are both going to be part of the article.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Is the installation of the Triple Tap any different than installing a stock bird cage flash hider?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyButler View Post
    Is the installation of the Triple Tap any different than installing a stock bird cage flash hider?
    Yep, you gotta use that KAC diamond encrusted wrench for that Fo' Hunnud Dolla Triple Tap

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyButler View Post
    Yes, if you intend on using it as a mount for an NT4, you need to use the supplied shims instead of a crush washer.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The KAC Triple Tap is a very effective comp. I really like mine on my 14.5" BCM BFH upper. I placed 2nd in SBR class at my last 3gun match using this carbine.

Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast