Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Glock ergonomic gripframe

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)

New Glock ergonomic gripframe

Do you think we will have to wait till SHOT to see any Pics of it ?

Feedback Score
    Maybe. My local gunshop/range dude says he will be getting them in around the December time frame. He also said the removable back strap is similar in design to the one on the FN. If they do show up in Dec, then I'll be getting a new G19. Now if they can just get rid of those damn finger groves...
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The Glock grip is ergonomic. It's your hand that's wrong.

They better do more than just the backstrap. It's the finger grooves that most people seem to hate.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The only reason I want a removable backstrap is to allow for a better Crimson Trace option like the M&P. But I'm in the same "ditch the finger grooves" boat as a lot of other people. I don't really see a way to make that an interchangeable part though, so I guess they'll just have to get rid of them altogether!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I like the finger grooves.

Quit being cheap and go buy some sandpaper, plastic is easy to "gunsmith".

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The new RTF frame is nice - and the grooves are a little smaller.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I don't really see a way to make that an interchangeable part though, so I guess they'll just have to get rid of them altogether!
    I don't like the finger grooves either. Perhaps taking a page from the Magpul MAID book...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    The only reason I want a removable backstrap is to allow for a better Crimson Trace option like the M&P. But I'm in the same "ditch the finger grooves" boat as a lot of other people. I don't really see a way to make that an interchangeable part though, so I guess they'll just have to get rid of them altogether!
    Agreed. The M&P CTC option is one of the main reasons I like the platform so much.

I think the VAST majority of shooters out there use the medium grip panel anyway.

Feedback Score
    ive got no probs with the GLOCK the way it is..Im not sure i see the big deal with the finger groves. I have a Gen 1 17 that i barley shoot because i prefer my Gen3's

im not a huge fan of lasers ( Never trained with one maybe they are great?)

id just like a Slimmer 45. but who am I

Hope fully the new one is great..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafir View Post
    I don't like the finger grooves either. Perhaps taking a page from the Magpul MAID book...

I was just thinking the same thing. I'll check it out when it does surface because I've always wanted one, but I have a feeling I'll still be endeared to my M&Ps. The CTC laser grips are awesome for the M&P line. Way better than the version available for the Glocks.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast