Thread: Glock FMS solicitation

Feedback Score

Glock FMS solicitation

Anyone know what type of holsters the Government procures for FMS sales of Glocks?:

https://aais.ria.army.mil/AAIS/Padds...R0024/0000.pdf

Feedback Score
    Generally, it depends upon the customer. In this case, they may well be leaving it up to Glock. It might even be Glock's own "Military Holster".

http://www.glock.com/english/acc_holster_military.htm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    has anyone actually used any of this glock kydex crap? it all looks like the cheapest, lamest, most useless junk i've ever seen, and i'm surprised glock would put their name on something like that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    has anyone actually used any of this glock kydex crap? it all looks like the cheapest, lamest, most useless junk i've ever seen, and i'm surprised glock would put their name on something like that.
    Their molded holsters have been on the market since at least 1987. Somebody must be buying them.

(The Sport/Duty holster was shown in an article in the 1988 Gun Digest, which was published in 1987. I don't have time to look back any further.)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They want equal amounts of RH/LH holsters? Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't you need a bunch more RH holsters and a small amount of lefties?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    a friend of mine has a glock "sport" holster or whatever it's called. i think it was only like 25 bucks. he said it's decent. not great for CCW as it doesn't really hold the gun very close to your body though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Glock sport/combat holster isn't kydex, but molded plastic. While certainly not a first choice, it isn't the worst one for the occasional CCWer. I know of several units in service for years.

I have one of the mag pouches mounted to a piece of gear that's been going 7-8yrs.

I'd sooner opt for the GI than a Fobus/Samco/CAA, Serpa, or UM offering.
    Last edited by ST911; 07-19-09 at 10:11.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm not surprised at all.

Feedback Score
    The Glock Sport/Combat beltslide holster is actually quite good; I have the ones for both my "standard" size frames (i.e., G26, G19, G21, etc.) and my "large" frames (G20, G21, etc.). They are comfortable and I've found that they do an excellent job of snugging the pistol against your body. Acceptable belt width/holster angle of carry can be modified by removing molded "pins" in the belt loop area. While I prefer both a) kydex and b) an IWB holster for my Glocks (and most other pistols), on the occassion that I do carry my Glocks in an OWB holster, the Glock Sport/Combat is usually the one I choose. Their price is unbeatable-only about $15. Thee is a similar single magazine pouch available. To see examples or to buy 'em, go to www.gssfonline.com, and click on "Team Glock" (and then "Go Shopping," followed by "Equipment," and then "Holsters").

I also have their Sport/Duty OWB holster. While I rarely use it, it's also well designed, and only about $21.

At least one military organization using Glocks, the Swedish Army, concurrently ordered Bianchi UM84/M12 flap holsters with their Glock 17s. That holster completely covers the gun, and will actually work with both standard and large frame Glocks (as well as the long slide G34/G35 varients). Bianchi has subsequently made a similar holster (I believe the UM84II) with additional stabilization for the triggerguard).

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 07-20-09 at 08:16.