Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF says certain suppressor parts are controlled items...

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Sounds like they all need to join the NFATCA organization.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Can some post some pics or links to what parts are involved. Is this for pistols only?
    Re-hosted and shown above.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by ZDL; 05-01-10 at 13:33.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i heard rumors that there was a finite ruling yesterday. can this be confirmed?
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    From a YHM response, posted on TOS.

"Sir,
    Thank you for your interest in our products and your business. We have been instructed by management not to sell
    Wraith .22 QD mounts at this time, we are awaiting a final determination from the ATF in this matter. We can now
    resume selling the Phantom QD mounts and Wraith 9mm QD mounts as of yesterday. I would think we should be getting
    a determination on the Wraith .22 QD mounts soon."

Within the Miasma of the corruption of Chicago.
    Feedback Score
    I should think that this determination could be rolled back in light of the recent victory in the case of customs bad decision in trying to rule all pocket knives as switch blades. Plus the fact that Congress is already rocked back on it's heels from the fervor over their trying to socialize health care. Especially taking into consideration the way thousands of citizens have been turned into felons by the stroke of a pen. It seems to me the ATF was pretty short sighted in this ruling.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I hope this gets sorted out because I have really been thinking about one of the YHM QD .22 cans as my first foray into the suppressor world.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So what is their rationale for this? Are they claiming that it's a part, the only possible use of which is to build a suppressor? Sort of like their rulings on autosears?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Before gemtech came out with the Trinity, replacement endcaps for silencers were always thought to be suppressor parts.

I guess it was some aspect of the trident's design or construction that got it exempted from that restriction, and apparently, YHM's version does things differently.

Or ATF just changed their minds.
    Last edited by khc3; 08-17-09 at 20:36.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrowne1 View Post
    Sort of like their rulings on autosears?
    Ruling? They'd like to think so too, but it's just a very heavy opinion.

Everyone has opinions, including differing ones from ATF director to ATF director, and it sounds like the ATF has simply pulled another one out of thin air.

Think about even the stupidity of the autosear opinion. The registered M16 lower is the machine gun, right up until you take the autosear out to clean it, work on it or replace it. If you set it on your bench and walk away, based on their opinion, you now have TWO machineguns there. Isn't that idiotic?

Now what they are saying is that having a threaded mount, that does nothing to dampen sound in and of itself, at all, is now considered (or maybe always has been) a suppressor all by itself.

Both opinions are idiotic. Then again, this is the same branch who determined that a shoelace could be considered a machinegun.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast