Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5.45 mag issue?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post
    87GN

Looks like the follower out of the TangoDown ARC mags. Is it?
    Yes, it is, modified for use in the CP mag.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When I first got mine I could only get 20rds in them too. After a few uses at the range they easily filled to the 25 to 28 I normally run. I have sprayed the interior with a dry lube. No issues with them now.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Has anybody tried these new followers, yet?

I'm still considering purchasing an M&P15R, but all the mag problems that exist so far have kept me from spending the money. I have no issue swapping out the buffer for an H3, putting in a BCM extractor upgrade kit, and changing out the gas rings, but I really don't have the time to spend weeding out bad magazines.

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    Bump on the follower report. Would love to see how this one works.
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    Has anybody tried these new followers, yet?

I'm still considering purchasing an M&P15R, but all the mag problems that exist so far have kept me from spending the money. I have no issue swapping out the buffer for an H3, putting in a BCM extractor upgrade kit, and changing out the gas rings, but I really don't have the time to spend weeding out bad magazines.
    I've never had the problem others seem to obsess over and I keep saying that but no one listens to something positive posted about gear on the internet........

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    m4fun, you can shoot mine tomorrow at the NRA range if you want to see this "issue."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    I've never had the problem others seem to obsess over and I keep saying that but no one listens to something positive posted about gear on the internet........
    You're lucky...well, I didn't have any issues (not a single failure in over 1k rounds) until I went to an LAV class with my S&W 5.45...choke choke choke.

Part of my problem was bringing a few brand new mags...but even the original mag, the one with the most rounds through it, gave me problems.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

first trip to the range today since adding the silicon teflon lube to my MP15r mags, 0 failures in about 300 rounds which was way better than what i was experiencing before. Also on a side note those who hate on the surplus ammo on other threads must not have used it and in most cases probably don't even own this rifle. I find that the surplus ammo is more accurate/reliable than the 70gr wolf stuff and the other 60 grain ammo that is available as well. I was wondering if you think adding an H3 buffer would help reduce the recoil below its already minimal level? How about a different muzzle brake? any suggestions on some custom upgrades from people who actually own and shoot the rifle are much appreciated!

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    My S&W 5.45 sports an H3 buffer and runs fine, other than the occasional mag related issue it has worked well. Defnitely worth it for a cheaper training rifle.

Feedback Score
    I put a PWS TTO muzzle break on mine, its a noticeable difference but not that drastic. I also swapped my standard carbine buffer out for a H2 but i have yet to shoot it with this config.

I had a ton of trouble with mine when i first got it, ended up going back to S&W for some chamber and feed ramp work. Now, since it went back i have put about 2k rounds through it without any FTF or FTE, which is nice.
    Last edited by 621sig; 10-04-09 at 00:02.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12