Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Haven Police Ditch Glocks After Two Explode

Feedback Score
    I don't pretend to be a expert on Glocks but I do know that the 9mm Glocks do have the best reputation among the Glocks for reliability and durability.

I wonder why the police department in question adopted the Glock 37 chambered in the .45 GAP which is an expensive round that is not in widespread use?

They probably should of just went with the Glock 17 or 19 in 9mm which is very well proven pistol or one of the .40 cal versions.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    I notice a pattern...
    You notice a pattern? How may glocks are in the hands of law enforcement and military agencies world wide, and how many documented major falures have there been? I would still trust my life to all of my glocks, 9mm and .40. If any problem exists is would seem to be with the .45 caliber models, the problem with the GAP is the pressures trying to get .45 acp performance out of a cartrige with less powder capacity = high pressure. and the fact that the cases arent fully supported as previously mentioned, which by it self suggests ammo failure, Speer designed the cartridge.
    Last edited by jp0319; 07-22-09 at 22:11.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234