Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mounting a flashlight on MOE handguard

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Midwest Industries MCTAR-02

Feedback Score
    I've mounted stuff on the MOE handgaurds, then I've taken then off.

Don't get me wrong, I love Magpul stuff, but I just don't think the MOE handguards are solid enough to mount anything on. If you are looking simply for a range gun and want it to look cool, then it would probably do. If you use your gun for more serious purposes or plan to, then get a metal rail system. YMMV.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I used the Streamlight plastic rail (it's made for regular AR/M4 handguards). It's about $18 and doesn't perm. alter the handguard in any way. I the attached a G2 with a VLTOR ring.

Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Very similar to the above, I mounted a G2 with a shortened piece or ERGO rail & a VLTØR mount.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Another mounting location

Quote Originally Posted by Fire View Post
    Midwest Industries MCTAR-02

MI's MCTAR-02 can also be mounted on top of the HG toward the FSB using the proper backing nuts for a top mounted & offset light mount. You cannot mount a longer rail due to lack of clearance with the gas tube (where it kinks upward toward the upper receiver) nor can you use the nuts that come with MI mount as they're too tall.

I used the backers from the Ergo rail that Magpul sells and drilled a hole forward of the front slot (make sure you measure correctly!). The MI mount comes with two sets of screws: long and short. Use the short ones- they will work with the Ergo backers.

Here are some pics minus the light and light mount. Can't find the VLTOR offset mount anywhere, BTW:

Backing nuts have to be configured this way unless you want to cut them.

Frontal pic showing gas tube clearance. I mounted the HG anyway to check. There's plenty of clearance.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gfelber View Post
    Can't find the VLTOR offset mount anywhere
    http://www.blackweaponsarmory.com/ma...ght-mount.html

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I tried the rail mount with a TLR-1 on mine and it just felt too cramped. I've got a FSB rail incoming.

I like the feel of the MOE hand guards versus standard carbine types, but it just didn't work sticking a light on it.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    I tried the rail mount with a TLR-1 on mine and it just felt too cramped. I've got a FSB rail incoming.

I like the feel of the MOE hand guards versus standard carbine types, but it just didn't work sticking a light on it.

This is what I went too as well.

Feedback Score
    Don't mean to dig up a year old dead thread but...

Is the Midwest Industries FSB mount with pistol light still considered the best option with a Moe?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post

Same here. I mounted a TLR-1 on my carbine length MOE hand guard but like castillo and mrbieler it felt too cramped with no where to put my hand. Maybe it would work better on a midlength handguard. I've since removed the rail and am considering a Midwest Industries FSB mount instead, like rob_s.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast