Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1911 in .357 Sig

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Actually I'm working on a Commander-length gun in .357 SIG right now. I've heard too that the caliber does not run well in a 1911 but I've sure-'nuff seen tons of 1911's in .45 that didn't run either. I'm not going to stick my neck out and say it will absolutely run, but on the other hand it seems like it maybe ought to, and Pat Sweeney reminded me yesterday he's had one for years, made from a Delta Elite, that runs.

In the next month or so I ought to have first hand, personal knowledge. If it runs, I'll let y'all know. If not....... there may be nothing but static on this channel.....
    I must have misunderstood. My bad.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    You'd probably be better off with a 9x25mm Dillon.....10mm Auto necked down.....
    hrm... if I can find some decent reloading data for that you could be on to something.

is there a 10mm M&P coming out?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltblitz View Post
    I know it can be done because Bar-Sto makes barrels for it. I would talk to a knowledgeable 1911 guy like Jason Burton or John Jardine before starting a project like that.

But the real question is why?

A 38 Super loaded with Corbon DPX is a great defensive load.

Springfield, Wilson and a few other manufactuerers have figured out how to make reliable 9mm 1911's and that opens to door to a very soft shooting platform to launch 127gr +P Gold-Dots.
    Is Jardine even in the gun building biz anymore? Last I heard he stopped taking orders for Valtro pistols.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hope no one minds me bumping this back up.

I was hoping Mr. Christiansen could comment on how the .357 Sig build is coming along.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I know that Jeff Hogan at Warrior Steel in Albuquerque was working up this platform. I don't know what the results were from that. Lemme ping him and find out.
    Kelly H
    Yes, I know. No, I won't tell you.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This project is coming very slowly but in about 100 rounds sofar, no feeding issues, with Gold Dots and SXT's.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    This project is coming very slowly but in about 100 rounds sofar, no feeding issues, with Gold Dots and SXT's.
    that's encouraging. any specifics Ned - barrel length, velocity, mag capacity???
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It's a single stack, mag cap is 8. Barrel is about 4 1/2", with a compensator. This is the first comped 1911 I've done in a long time. It works well with a high-strung round like .357 SIG of course but it is LOUD. I have not graphed any of these rounds and might not be able to get around to it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that its working so far. I'll have to keep this in the back of my mind for the next 1911 project.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd love a 1911 in 357 Sig.
    Scouts Out

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast