Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KAC SR-16 11.5

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Grant used the larue tactical low profile gas block for his build. You can see his build here (This link starts on the 6th page, so make sure you go back to page 1 to see Grant's initial post):

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...8&goto=newpost

I'm sending mine off to him this week sometime. If you want, when I receive it back from him I will PM you the pics of it and give you all the juicy details. But yeah, it will pretty much look just like the one in his thread that I linked above.

-Paul

Feedback Score
    yeah that sounds good, I thought you were going to go with a folding sight as your gas block.
    I have an Ar already so whats the process i have to go through to get the 11.5in upper?
    Last edited by Chase G.; 07-20-09 at 21:39.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You need to register your lower receiver as an SBR, and then you can legally attach any short length AR upper/barrel you want to your lower.

Check out the "NFA Info" STICKY thread at the very to of the NFA threads/forums page. It will have ALL of the info you are needing to figure out how to legally acquire an SBR.

Good luck!

-Paul

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RetreatHell View Post
    I know where you're coming from, man. Those uppers look friggin' sweet! Although if you really want one you'll probably have to do what I am in the process of doing:

Get a BCM 11.5" upper, ship it to Grant and have him install a KAC URX II Mid-Length Rail. Then add a Knights Armament BUIS and Triple Tap Muzzle Brake... and Voila!!! You have a genuine KAC SR-16 11.5" upper!!!..........................................clone

That's about as good as you're going to get. But don't think that's a bad thing by any means, as BCM uppers rock!! It will literally (in my opinion) be just as good and reliable as the real thing!

-Paul
    Why not buy the BCM 11.5 from Grant? He has them in stock.
    BUY IT CHEAP AND STACK IT DEEP

Feedback Score
    So can you buy the SB-upper as long as you dont put it on your lower or get a pistol buffer tube when its not registered as an SBR yet?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    We're now getting in to a whole new discussion, if you're waiting on your lower to be form 1'd, have that 11.5 upper be kept in possession by a non-AR owning friend. Or even someone you know with a registered AR SBR lower.

Otherwise you wade in to the gray area of constructive intent. Again, possibly have a friend or family member hold on to it till your lower is taken care of.

I don't believe putting a pistol buffer on a registered rifle lower makes it a pistol lower. I might be wrong about that. There's quite a few threads debating how best to handle this situation, but again, take the safe route.

i.e buy the that 11.5 upper from grant, send it to me, and I'll take GREAT care of it.
    Last edited by Titleist; 07-21-09 at 16:55.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    haha. i dont think im going to get one any time soon im still trying to finish my other AR right now and i think i will just built another gun with a noveske lower.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by COLT6933 View Post
    Why not buy the BCM 11.5 from Grant? He has them in stock.
    Duh!! I didn't think about that I already have mine and am shipping it to Grant, that's why I thought of it that way. But yeah, buying it directly from Grant would be the most efficient way to go about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12