Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock Grooved vs. Smooth Trigger

Feedback Score

Glock Grooved vs. Smooth Trigger

Why the disdain for the grooved trigger face of the 19/23 and 26/27? Seems like some shooters prefer the smooth face of the 17/22 and 34/35 trigger.

I'd like to get an explanation from folks who prefer the smooth trigger. Is it simply a tactile preference, or do the grooves somehow impede how you operate the trigger.

Thanks.
    Last edited by 8200rpm; 07-20-09 at 22:39.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    For me?

For me when shooting more than a few mag full of round the Glock factory serrated triggers hurt my trigger finger. Am I a p***y? Maybe but I prefer the non-serrated triggers which are easily installed on the Glock 26/27/33 and Glock 19/23/32s.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I prefer the smooth glock trigger for the same reason as gotm4. After shooting a few mags with the serrated trigger it starts to irritate my finger and rubs it raw during long range sessions. Luckily it is an easy, quick, and cheap fix.

Feedback Score
    I feel the same. It's not uncommon for me to run 200rds. through my 26 in a session.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I also prefer and use the smooth trigger. It feels much better on my "girly" hands after a long day at the range or a class that lasts several days.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    i like the smooth triggers myself. also being that we run NY2's , that groved trigger can tear you finger up after a few boxes of ammo.

Feedback Score
    I only run the smooth trigger. IIRC Glock installs the serrated trigger in tthe compact/subcompacts to give them the points needed for import
    BUY IT CHEAP AND STACK IT DEEP

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I probably don't shoot enough pistol these days....

But until it came up on this site a few months back, I didn't even know there was a difference in the triggers on my G22 and G27. I'm not into this "feelings" crapola when I shoot. Like OMG which grip should I buy for my AR, etc. MAS PUTO!!!

Feedback Score
    Over 8000 rounds through my G23 before changing out my trigger, oh how I wish I'd done that earlier! So much more finger friendly!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've always changed them out, but am keeping the current Glock 19 stock to see if it still matters to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast