Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My new M&P .45 midsize w/thumb saftey

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozer View Post
    This is the exact model I have been looking for. Damn that thing is nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by DMR View Post
    cathellsk,

Thanks alot, I think you pushed me over the edge finaly on the M&P. I just put myself on Bud's wait list. Now I need to clean out the rack, my Kimber looks to be in trouble.......

Grant if you have one of the 4" I'm interested, Model: 109107 or 109157
    Well this won't help any.....I finally shot it today it was simply amazing! For me anyway. Recoil was nothing what I was expecting, very controllable I thought. I also shot a friend's Para and it wasn't near as nice. Accuracy was great too. Shot very well both two and one handed. I only got to put about 250 rounds of FMJ downrange, its all I could scrounge up in short order with the ammo supply the way it is lately. I don't even have any hollowpoints yet. Anyway, if you can get one you WON'T be disappointed. I'm very happy with it. I haven't had a .45 I've been happy with for some time.
    Last edited by cathellsk; 07-23-09 at 21:47.
    "When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, We gave our today."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm a 1911/P-35 guy and I use a high thumbs hold (thumb rides safety) and have been looking seriously at these. Question: Can you/Do you ride the safety like a 1911?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Fundi View Post
    I'm a 1911/P-35 guy and I use a high thumbs hold (thumb rides safety) and have been looking seriously at these. Question: Can you/Do you ride the safety like a 1911?
    Yes, you can and I do.
    Last edited by cathellsk; 07-24-09 at 10:22.
    "When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, We gave our today."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cathellsk View Post
    Well this won't help any.....I finally shot it today it was simply amazing! For me anyway. Recoil was nothing what I was expecting, very controllable I thought. I also shot a friend's Para and it wasn't near as nice. Accuracy was great too. Shot very well both two and one handed. I only got to put about 250 rounds of FMJ downrange, its all I could scrounge up in short order with the ammo supply the way it is lately. I don't even have any hollowpoints yet. Anyway, if you can get one you WON'T be disappointed. I'm very happy with it. I haven't had a .45 I've been happy with for some time.
    You're right, it doesn't help. How the hell am I supposed to explain my next purchase to the wife? Thanks alot!
    Product Manager at Magpul Industries

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozer View Post
    You're right, it doesn't help. How the hell am I supposed to explain my next purchase to the wife? Thanks alot!
    You need more guns. After about 5 of a kind, wives loose the ability to tell one black gun from another.

Cathellsky -The M&P I molested last week at the store had a safety that really didn't have any defined click for the safe and fire positions. I like safeties that 'snick' on and off. How is yours?
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 07-24-09 at 12:32.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the info Cat

I've found never tell your wife just how many guns you have so she can't count them and never tell her you do NOT have or that you NEED a particular gun because when it shows up and she uses that "selective memory" they all have to tell you "I thought you said you didn't have an AR" and you have to say (to avoid lying of course)," Honey this isn't an AR which is made by Colt this is just an old N4 Noveske that I've had forever, but someday I'd like to have an AR"

Feedback Score
    The appearance of yet another gun has never been the issue. It's the disappearance of funds that's the tricky part.

Re the OP, this may be the M&P model that hooks me.
    Last edited by JHC; 07-24-09 at 16:16.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    I had the opportunity to shoot the M&P 45 with the thumb safety before purchasing and opted to go without thumb safety to match my 9mm f/s. The "snick" wasn't nearly as positive as on a 1911 [this goes for any of the M&P thumb safeties I've felt] and albeit an added level of safety, something I didn't want on mine. Very pleased with my M&P 45.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Cathellsk -The M&P I molested last week at the store had a safety that really didn't have any defined click for the safe and fire positions. I like safeties that 'snick' on and off. How is yours?
    Forgot to mention that. It is a very defined snick. My brother's full size he used to have, one of the first ones available, was as you described. His reset on the trigger was also mushy and not well defined. The reset on mine is almost identical to my Glocks. To be honest I think its luck of the draw on these two points with the M&P but I haven't been reading up on them much lately till I got this .45.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I could care less about the extra safety device, I just need a place to put my thumb. The thumb safety keeps my grip securely in place and helps me control muzzle rise and is instinctively familiar... that is the only reason I want the thumb safety

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast