Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inexpensive SBR NFA engraving in Northern Colorado??

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghunterCO View Post
    No I have not used him myself. He can recomended for a board member on TOS.
    Cool, I'll just wait to hear back. Pretty much decided on the underside of the trigger guard (where the trigger comes out) and just need to find the cheapest place to get it done since I would rather not ship. Form 1 is in the mail already so it would be just my like that I send this off to have done and get my stamp back and then get busted for someone else having it in their possession or something. That and I just feel better having it in my possession all the time anyway given how much of a PITA it would be to replace at this point.

Thanks for the heads up.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    I would talk to Dan at Lone Wolf Dist. He did my AR lower with NFA and custom logo engraving. It was done EXACTLY how I wanted it done for cheapen that other respected companies have quoted. He was really easy to work with too. I would recommend calling them vise email because they're really busy. No affiliation other than my home town peeps. http://www.lonewolfdist.com/

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

NFA engraving

Forgiving me for asking an uninitiated person's question. Why do you have to engrave an NFA item? Is it required when you purchase a non-nfa receiver and then have it approved as SBR or SBS?

Leave the guns...bring the cannolis.
    Give me but one firm spot on which to stand and I will move the Earth. -Archimedes

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreaopla View Post
    Forgiving me for asking an uninitiated person's question. Why do you have to engrave an NFA item? Is it required when you purchase a non-nfa receiver and then have it approved as SBR or SBS?
    Yes, when you do a form 1 for an SBR you basically are 'building your own weapon' which requires your name/trust name/business name, caliber, serial number and location (city/state) to be clearly visible on the item. You can use the caliber, serial number of the original manufacturer but then you have to add your 'name' whichever that may be depending on how you filed. For me, it will look like this:

First Initial. Last name
    City State(abbreviated)

and I'm planning to put it inside the trigger guard. Basically one line on each side of the trigger. It just needs to be visible w/o removing anything (inside a mag well will not work) and has to be at least 1/16" and at least 0.003" deep.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmkdirk View Post
    I would talk to Dan at Lone Wolf Dist. He did my AR lower with NFA and custom logo engraving. It was done EXACTLY how I wanted it done for cheapen that other respected companies have quoted. He was really easy to work with too. I would recommend calling them vise email because they're really busy. No affiliation other than my home town peeps. http://www.lonewolfdist.com/
    Thanks but I'm looking for Northern Colorado. If I decide to ship I've already got another person in mind.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Yes, when you do a form 1 for an SBR you basically are 'building your own weapon' which requires your name/trust name/business name, caliber, serial number and location (city/state) to be clearly visible on the item. You can use the caliber, serial number of the original manufacturer but then you have to add your 'name' whichever that may be depending on how you filed. For me, it will look like this:

First Initial. Last name
    City State(abbreviated)

and I'm planning to put it inside the trigger guard. Basically one line on each side of the trigger. It just needs to be visible w/o removing anything (inside a mag well will not work) and has to be at least 1/16" and at least 0.003" deep.
    Alright...That makes sense..but what if you order an item as a SBR from the manufacturer? Would you need to do all of that engraving or is it permanently registered by the factory as a SBR?

Leave the guns...bring the cannolis.
    Give me but one firm spot on which to stand and I will move the Earth. -Archimedes

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreaopla View Post
    Alright...That makes sense..but what if you order an item as a SBR from the manufacturer? Would you need to do all of that engraving or is it permanently registered by the factory as a SBR?
    If a receiver has already been SBR'd you would still have to fill out a Form to send to the BATFE but you would use the information that's already engraved into the receiver and essentially put it in your name. All it really saves is having it engraved unless of course you are getting a deal on it because it's used or something.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Jer, post bask what you hear. I am looking for an engraver in the Denver metro myself...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Contacted DC Engraving in Denver. He wants $4.25 per letter!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    Contacted DC Engraving in Denver. He wants $4.25 per letter!
    are they gold filled?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast