Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heinie Specialty Products

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Heinie Specialty Products

I just got my slide back from Heinie. They look great. Only problem, they charged me double. Their web site said $87.00 for sights and installation when I sent them in. They charged me $206.68 and they changed their web site. I read their site 10 times. I just sent them an email. I will let everyone know the outcome. THIS IS WRONG, AND THEY KNOW IT. Did anyone else go to their site and check prices after we discussed this on the forum?

Any help appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I just got my slide back from Heinie. They look great. Only problem, they charged me double. Their web site said $87.00 for sights and installation when I sent them in. They charged me $206.68 and they changed their web site. I read their site 10 times. I just sent them an email. I will let everyone know the outcome. THIS IS WRONG, AND THEY KNOW IT. Did anyone else go to their site and check prices after we discussed this on the forum?

Any help appreciated.
    I do believe that you were charge the right price. As per their webpage, it states "The prices listed below are for installation only. These prices do NOT include the cost of the sights. Installation prices do include return shipping on the slide".

http://www.heinie.com/installationprices.php
    A citizen noted the hammer back on the 1911 carried in the waist band by Charlie Miller, Texas Ranger. The Citizen asks, "Isn't That Dangerous?" Charley replied, " I wouldn't carry the son of a bitch if it wasn't dangerous."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Pappabear, what pistol were those sights for and are they plain or with tritium?

Never dealt with Heinie, but I do know that a going price for plain sight installation on 1911 by reputable gunsmiths runs about 150; tritium adds about 100 to it.
    Last edited by YVK; 07-22-09 at 23:32.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by badcatbigbat View Post
    I do believe that you were charge the right price. As per their webpage, it states "The prices listed below are for installation only. These prices do NOT include the cost of the sights. Installation prices do include return shipping on the slide".

http://www.heinie.com/installationprices.php
    I ordered sights there a long time ago, that was what the site said then. I'm guess you just misread or misinterpreted the site.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    I've had Heinie install sights on several pistols over the past year and knew that installation was extra. They provided excellent service - the slide was back to me in less than five business days after they got it.
    Last edited by xray 99; 07-23-09 at 05:57.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The sights+ installation. Install depending on the model of pistol runs $75 and up. I have two pistols slated to make the trip soon, three if I relamp a set from 1999.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Any help appreciated.
    Pappabear,

I had an HK45 done by them and the total was a little more than yours, but I did the faster shipping. You weren't ripped off, you were charged the correct amount. I remember reading how you were getting the sights for $87 and I thought to myself, this guy is in for a rude surprise .
    It says on their site how much it will be with installation.

$87.00-Installation
    $129.68-Sights

You just misread that's all. They are nice sights and I like my pair, hope you enjoy them!
    Aimpoint M4S- Because your next Aimpoint battery hasn't been made yet.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yea, I took it hard on this one. It was my bad, however, I went to their website, hit their
    "Sight Installation
    Prices"

I look around at the "Sights" page and no prices are listed. Just descriptions. So I go back to Sight Installation and on the next line
    Prices

I read:

"The below price list the total cost which includes: labor to
    install, Next day or 2nd Day UPS Shipping (shipping fees & insurance)."

I sent my slide in, with credit card number and hand wrote on the sheet that I sent them " I authorize a $77.00 charge".

They have since changed their webpage, but never admitted they did change it until I told them I had printed the webpage out and had it to fax them. They handled my complaint with hostility, and never acknowledged they might be in part to blame.

I know they have many happy customers, and one does not mean they are a piss poor company. But their true colors showed when one of their customers had a problem.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm curious as to what actually changed? I've never known anyone to have issues with them be it their pricing or customer service. Can you provide proof on here of what they changed? Everyone has stated they knew that installation was just that, machining in some cases, installation, and shipping. Sights have always been extra. So can you provide us with what exactly they changed since you've made a copy of what it was previously?
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yea, I took it hard on this one. It was my bad, however, I went to their website, hit their
    "Sight Installation
    Prices"

I look around at the "Sights" page and no prices are listed. Just descriptions. So I go back to Sight Installation and on the next line
    Prices

I read:

I sent my slide in, with credit card number and hand wrote on the sheet that I sent them " I authorize a $77.00 charge".

They have since changed their webpage, but never admitted they did change it until I told them I had printed the webpage out and had it to fax them. They handled my complaint with hostility, and never acknowledged they might be in part to blame.

I know they have many happy customers, and one does not mean they are a piss poor company. But their true colors showed when one of their customers had a problem.
    Perhaps its because i have to read this kind of stuff all the time, but it looks preety clear to me.

"Sight Installation Prices"

No mention of SIGHTS INCLUDED

On the sight page you listed in the top right corner they have a link of all things

For Pricing follow this link to our shopping cart.

there you will find PRICES for the sights.
    #3450, #3450 Heinie SlantPro QWIK Straight Eight Night Sight Set, $125.83
    https://www.heinie.com/cart/index.ph...5865ea7fab7b1b

I imagine they most likely changed their website because they had a few customers that didn't understand how things were set up. I've been purchasing from Heinie since 1999 and this has been their process the whole time, while the details on the webpage may have changed, thats how it is.

I find Novak's website sort of a pain to, but I still purchase from them.
    pro-patria.us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast