Thread: S&W M&P 150R ?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

S&W M&P 150R ?

New to ARs here. I decided not to wait til fall on an upper and parts so I traded a S&W lower on an M&P 150R. Also, not sure I trust myself for a proper build or completely content with the lower kit ordered prior. I read on another thread that the bolt assembly could be mpi.. not sure what optics I'm going to opt for at this time, just a couple of cheap iron sights til I figure that out. It's a little late to ask but I'm curious what you guys think about this rifle? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I absolutely love mine! I love the flat, raised gas block rather then the traditional gas block with sight. Plus the swivel point at the bottom of the gas block is nice as well! All and all I think it is a great rifle!

I am having some problems with a tight chamber, however the second I contacted SW they sent me a shipping label, and told me to drop it in the mail, no questions asked. So I have a mechanical issue with mine, but it manifested itself early, and SW was 100% willing to address. It's at their shop right now, and I will tell you the results.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks dmc.. i'm anxious to take it out. I see the swivel point under the gas block, but what is the 1/4 inch or so hole for? Not much documentation at S&W.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm curious about that one myself. The gun smith I showed it to couldn't answer that question for me either. Yea get to the range once you get a front site!

Out of curiosity what does your serial number start with?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    sn; 53---, does that indicate a build date? Maybe the larger hole is for a quick release type sling swivel or bipod? I'm not sure I'd trust that. Did you install a swivel? I'll need to find a source at some point, not high priority.

Front sight should be in by end of next week.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Oh, a bit of a mis-understanding. Yea the large hole is for a quick release swivel! I have had one from Brownells in mine for months I trust it!