Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MK18 CQBR point of aim

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Very cool graphic.
    Here's another for M193

Last edited by thecolter; 07-14-15 at 09:05.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utah View Post
    I am referring to drop as the drop in POA . My POA was 3" low at 50 to impact center mass and 5" low at 100 to impact center mass. I may have misused the term DROP. Appreciate the feedback-keep it coming.
    Let me get this straight, you change POA as you change distance when working on your zero?

That is not advisable, at all.

When you zero your rifle, you should hold POA for all distances you shoot, to determine your POI at said distances so that you can apply holds as needed based on this "DOPE".

A zero for a fighting carbine should give you optimum Point Blank Range, meaning that out to a certain distance you don't need to apply holds in order to score an acceptable hit.

When zeroing, a few key things:

-Never chase ideal POI initially, focus on consistant grouping
    -Only make adjustments when shooter error has been ruled out - keep POA the same, always!
    -Always confirm at distance, or the far zero
    -Never base your choice of zero on limiting factors, aim to fully exploit the capability of your weapon
    It's not about surviving, it's about winning!

Newbie question. I just picked up a MK18 upper to run on my Diamondback pistol. Does running it on a pistol have any effect on trajectory? I'm leaning towards not so don't take this as anything other than a simple question directed at a group of people who know dramatically more than I do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecolter View Post
    Here's another for M193

would it be possible to get one for m855 and even mk262? these are awesome, I plan on keeping these fore reference. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sua175 View Post
    would it be possible to get one for m855 and even mk262? these are awesome, I plan on keeping these fore reference. Thanks
    Yea, I'll just need the muzzle velocity for both. I used actual recorded velocities for the two graphics below, but I don't shoot M855 or Mk262 so I don't have the data for those loads.

The Mk262 should be almost identical to the 75gr load in my previous post.
    Last edited by thecolter; 03-22-15 at 14:13.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecolter View Post
    Yea, I'll just need the muzzle velocity for both. I used actual recorded velocities for the two graphics below, but I don't shoot M855 or Mk262 so I don't have the data for those loads.

The Mk262 should be almost identical to the 75gr load in my previous post.
    Very nice, do you have some graphics for other barrel lengths?

Feedback Score
    I'll spend some time working graphics up for the typical barrel lengths used (10.5", 14.5", 16", and 18") with M193, M855, and Mk262. I'll post them all in a new thread sometime in the near future so we don't take away from the topic at hand here.

That being said, I'm all ears if anyone with a 10.3/10.5, 11.5", or 12.5" barreled SBR have any muzzle velocities for the above mentioned cartridges.

Feedback Score
    Well crap. Where'd the images go. I was gonna come back and save them again. Anyone have them that I could get?

-BTO-
    -BTO-

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by funkybassplayer View Post
    Well crap. Where'd the images go. I was gonna come back and save them again. Anyone have them that I could get?

-BTO-
    Fixed.

Here's all the others for various barrel lengths as well:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...79#post2100979

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    AGREED. I even zero my 50s so they impact 1" low to get a POA/POI at about a hundred.
    Why not just zero at 100?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast