Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grip length G19 vs M&P9C

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDooley View Post
    I just realized that the full size is roughly the size of my 1911 except it's an inch shorter in OAL and it's a full pound lighter... why am I messing with compacts if the full size gives me smaller and lighter weight than my current carry? I think I may need to rent the full size M&P...
    You are right. With the correct holster for your body, a full size M&P is dead easy to conceal, only printing in the most extreme of positions/reach. My compact just does not get carried all that much because of that, being relegated to situations where the risk of even a minor print is unacceptable. Just the same, I rarely carry a J frame when I carry a revolver, as K frames and N frames are just as easy to hide; just heavier.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks for all the measurements and pics guys - I should be able to hit the range this week and rent an M&P to wrap up the decision...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Feedback Score
    I prefer M&P over Glock in most cases but the Glock 19 grip length is just barely long enough for me and the M&P 9c is too short. I've got a pinky finger dangling with he M&P9c which doesn't work for me. Fortunately the full size M&P 9 is not all that big and carries very easily in my Raven Concealment holster.

Feedback Score
    You don't! I always prefer full size to compacts.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDooley View Post
    I just realized that the full size is roughly the size of my 1911 except it's an inch shorter in OAL and it's a full pound lighter... why am I messing with compacts if the full size gives me smaller and lighter weight than my current carry? I think I may need to rent the full size M&P...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Last edited by mattpittinger; 08-04-09 at 13:47.
    Find what it is in life that you do not do well......and do not do that thing....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    i was also torn between the two, and for me the g19 won. i have neither stubby fingers or large hands and am of average build. the m&p just felt wrong in my hand even before taking it to the range once i was able to finally handle one, and it fit even worse without the extended baseplate and that was the deal sealer for the 19 winning. in a fight i don't want the fit of my gun in my hand changing as i change mags...to be fair however i am considering a grip reduction on the 19 to make it fit more like a 1911.
    ===========================================================
    Alcohol, Tobacco And Firearms Should Be A Convenience Store, NOT A Gov't Agency.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12