Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HK45 LEM...is there such a beast?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

HK45 LEM...is there such a beast?

After an unfortunate incident at the local fun store which involved myself and an HK45 (my wife told me not to touch it, and I did, and now I want one) I have been conducting as much research as possible on the HK45 and P30s as I can.

I have seen mention of an LEM HK45 on this board and a couple others. Does such a beast exist? Would it be possible to convert a traditional HK45 to a V4 LEM using the guide posted on HKPRO?

Any help (an pictures of HK45s) would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I am not sure that a LEM variant is set up for purchase from HK yet. They were threatening to makeit an option bu I have yet to see it. The LEM and light LEM kits were available from HK direct. The conversion process is doable by a mere mortal non HK armorer. Just read the instructions posted on HKPro a couple of times to make sure you're good to go. Even though I tend to be relativley useful with my hands there was a second there when I thought I made myself a really expensive paperweight. If you're not sure about it HK will do the conversion for a nominal fee. Can't remember what that was or how long they quoted.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OK perusing the HK-USA forums I see a posting that the HK45 LEM conversion kits are offered by HK USA. They are part# 241203, and cost $87 + Shipping. Very interesting indeed!

Does anyone have any experience with this set-up?

How does one actually order this part? Just call HK?

Feedback Score
    Before you do it or go through the expense of buying a LEM kit, I'd suggest you try an HK equipped with a LEM setup. I tried a friend's and I did not like it all. I prefer to use the HK45 as a cocked and locked SA pistol since the DA trigger pull is terrible.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    Before you do it or go through the expense of buying a LEM kit, I'd suggest you try an HK equipped with a LEM setup. I tried a friend's and I did not like it all. I prefer to use the HK45 as a cocked and locked SA pistol since the DA trigger pull is terrible.
    I will give it a try. Can't seem to find anyone with a LEM trigger'd P30 in stock locally.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    I second that. I keep my HK45's as a cocked and locked pistol. Except when in the safe for long term storage.

Did you not like the DA/SA trigger?
    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

JHP's are good times, for bad people.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by loupav View Post
    I second that. I keep my HK45's as a cocked and locked pistol. Except when in the safe for long term storage.

Did you not like the DA/SA trigger?
    Well I carry a 1911 cocked and locked frequently, so that doesn't bother me, but I kind of like the LEM concept...*shrug*...mainly I was just exploring options.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    I will give it a try. Can't seem to find anyone with a LEM trigger'd P30 in stock locally.
    Is not the LEM conversion for the HK45 different than that of the factory P30 LEM? or are there two different LEM setups? I've heard folks converting the HK45 had a much better LEM pull than the factory LEM P30.

I'm also very tempted by these guns but keep putting off the purchase.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob RI View Post
    Is not the LEM conversion for the HK45 different than that of the factory P30 LEM? or are there two different LEM setups? I've heard folks converting the HK45 had a much better LEM pull than the factory LEM P30.

I'm also very tempted by these guns but keep putting off the purchase.
    There's 4 different versions of the LEM trigger. The stock P30 uses the heaviest version, while the HK45 conversion kit uses the lightest version and works very well with the stock HK45 guts I have read.

ToddG Guest
    The LEM trigger pull on a HK45 is going to be almost identical to the SA trigger pull you have now, but with more take-up on the first shot (that distance being in lieu of a manual safety).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast