Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HK45 LEM...is there such a beast?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    The LEM trigger pull on a HK45 is going to be almost identical to the SA trigger pull you have now, but with more take-up on the first shot (that distance being in lieu of a manual safety).
    Don't have it yet Todd, just trying to research as much as possible.

While that sounds nice for the range, I am thinking going with the V4 would probably be a better choice for me if I were to carry the pistol. Still though it's good to hear a tangible explanation of what the trigger pull would be from the LEM kit.

ToddG Guest
    You'd need a heavier trigger return spring to get the V4 feel. I don't know if such a thing exits for the HK45.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    You'd need a heavier trigger return spring to get the V4 feel. I don't know if such a thing exits for the HK45.
    I see. I figured the spring would be the same as the P30, which I understand was not a safe assumption.

Still though I don't think I would be that uncomfortable carrying the pistol with the "lightest" LEM trigger. I don't imagine it's that much different than an M&P trigger when it comes to ADs, plus I can keep my thumb on the hammer while holstering.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I ended up getting the light LEM kit which gave me a trigger pull identical to the SA pill before the conversion. Measured on my scale it registered just over 4#. Reset was maybe a little longer than the standard trigger. For me the LEM was the best combo. I have small hands so manipulating the safety, while doable was still a bear. Reaching the DA trigger was a definite no-no. The LEM offered me a safe way to carry the gun and still be quick and accurate on target. It will take a little time to master, but nothing like learning to master a Glock trigger.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

It's Your Fault

Your wife told you not to touch, and you did. You must live with the consequences.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Your wife told you not to touch, and you did. You must live with the consequences.
    Story of my life, LOL.

Feedback Score
    You can order a LEM equipped HK 45 from HK. I have never seen a stock one anywhere except for older models like the P2000. Or you can buy a standard model and have HK do it for I think $250. Or you can do it yourself as others have mentioned. As far as thumb safeties go I think it is quite good on the HK 45 but I much prefer the LEM trigger and the thumb safety gets in the way of my high grip and big hands. Despite many years of being issued and owning 1911's I have never felt the need for a manual safety on other pistols. A lot of people have said the light LEM is very light. I have not tried one myself.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have an HK45 with Light LEM. Essentially an LEM with match grade parts. I guess they refer to it as the Combat Competion trigger.

I have a .40S&W USPc and and HK Expert in .40S&W configured the same way, and my 9mm Expert is in HK's hands undergoing the same treatment as I type...

Phenominal trigger actions with a very short reset (compared to V2 LEM in particular) on spectacular platforms, IMHO...

I truly can't wait for HK to release these parts for my P30 LEM...
    Last edited by varoadking; 07-31-09 at 06:03.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12