Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm M&Pc

Feedback Score

9mm M&Pc

With recent "problems" with some of the recent platforms of handguns how are the most recent m&p compacts that have been coming from the factory, are they still a good chose.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewLife2626 View Post
    With recent "problems" with some of the recent platforms of handguns how are the most recent m&p compacts that have been coming from the factory, are they still a good chose.
    Pretty good choice.

C4

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Solid platform, great gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Pretty good choice.

C4
    In your opinion, what would be a real good or great choice?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Want to buy one? lol.

Seriously I've had a fullsize M&P and it treated me well. I carry a glock daily and have put tons of rounds through it without a major malfunction.

If you did happen to get a lemon, I would feel confident that S&W would take care of you. But I doubt you would.

Its personal preference. Whether it be a PPQ, HK, M&P, Glock, PX, ect. They all make good guns.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ddlong25 View Post
    In your opinion, what would be a real good or great choice?
    Depends on what you want to use it for.

For me, I either go with a FS gun with a mag capacity of 15rds or more or I go real small (PPS/Shield) for CCW use. Guns like the M&PC and Glock 26 have little interest for for me.

YMMV

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mine has been solid for the last 2.5 years, no upgrades,(except for night sights), no breakages, never a hiccup, eats everything I throw at it. However, I am making the move away from small compacts as I find I shoot a full size a lot better.YMMV

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have a FS 9mm, FS .45 acp and compact 9mm.

I carry appendix so I can get away with carrying a full size, but if I would carry 3-4 o'clock than I would probably carry the compact more.

All 3 of my M&Ps have shared the same % of reliability. You honestly can't go wrong with any of the M&Ps.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Depends on what you want to use it for.

For me, I either go with a FS gun with a mag capacity of 15rds or more or I go real small (PPS/Shield) for CCW use. Guns like the M&PC and Glock 26 have little interest for for me.

YMMV

C4
    I agree with some of this, I personally think the M&P shield is a waste unless you are a female with really small hands. The overall height and length of the shield is not much smaller than the compact, and unless you are wearing huge cargos you cannot pocket carry the shield. The shield can carry 1 more 9mm round than my Kahr CM9, but I can pocket carry my kahr in jeans, khakis, cargos etc. all day long.

If you are a LEO you would be idiotic to carry the shield as your BUG IMHO, as the magazines between the full-size and Shield are not compatible. I personally feel the Shield fills a very small niche for someone needing a thinner pistol for usability reasons.

The benefit of the compact is you get a small package but also can use full size magazines at home or on the range for classes.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    I agree with some of this, I personally think the M&P shield is a waste unless you are a female with really small hands. The overall height and length of the shield is not much smaller than the compact, and unless you are wearing huge cargos you cannot pocket carry the shield. The shield can carry 1 more 9mm round than my Kahr CM9, but I can pocket carry my kahr in jeans, khakis, cargos etc. all day long.

If you are a LEO you would be idiotic to carry the shield as your BUG IMHO, as the magazines between the full-size and Shield are not compatible. I personally feel the Shield fills a very small niche for someone needing a thinner pistol for usability reasons.

The benefit of the compact is you get a small package but also can use full size magazines at home or on the range for classes.
    For me, if I can hide the compact, I can hide a G19 or M&P Full Size (no difference). The Shield is thinner, shorter and lighter. The weight part is key because I am probably in clothing that won't support (well) the heavier gun.

S&W designed the shield as a BUG. I do agree that as a BUG (with the primary weapon being a FS M&P), it doesn't make a lot of sense. If you think about it though, if you have to go to your BUG, your primary was more than likely shot to slide lock and all three mags were used (so it becomes irrelevant that the Shield doesn't accept that guns mags).

C4

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast