Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibly A "NEW" S&W 45 M&P model ?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Possibly A "NEW" S&W 45 M&P model ?

Well In my quest for the ultimate CCW pistol I have concluded that bigger bullets are better therefore making the 45acp round my first choice. I have always been a fan of the Colt CCO model which is Lightweight officers’ frame mated with a commander slide. Wilson makes something similar I believe called a CQB.

So with this in mind I got to thinking that if I could reproduce this in the 45M&P I might just have something. S&W does have a midsize but it’s a full size frame with a compact barrel? That I honestly don’t get seeing it’s always harder to conceal the frame than the slide plus look at all the advantages that the longer slide has. Having a few 45s I decided to get a little creative and put the full size slide on the compact frame, AWSOME! I am in love. Problem now is that I don’t want to ruin any of my other configurations so what to do?

Lucky for me a friend of mine had both a full size and compact and wanted a mid-size so he tore down his two pistols to make the middy. All he had as far as he was concerned where just extra parts. He never even gave the configuration laying in front of him a second thought. Asked him he was interested in selling me the leftovers and lucky for me it was a deal and here is what I believe to be one most awesome carry pistol. Yes it has been shot for reliability and rounds like a top. It’s even better than that as it came with a Bowie trigger job seeing both of his pistols had already had Bowie trigger jobs previously before the parts shuffle. Let me say its one really nice trigger and Mr. Bowie will be getting more of my pistols.

Here are a few pictures showing the new configuration which I believe would be very popular if S&W would consider it. Beast thing for them is that they have nothing to invent or do other than assign SKU # and get the UPC code.

As if I feel I didn’t get lucky enough, just the other day a found this Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 to go along with my new found pistol.

Life is good, what do you guys think?

My M&P 45 acp Family
    Full Size Burwell Customized
    Full Size FDE
    M&P 45 "crossgun" model
    M&P 45 Compact

The Black ones, NOW all three sizes!

Size does matter

Milt Sparks Versa Max 2

With the full size 10 round mags and Custom Carry Concepts Mag Sleeve
    http://www.shop.customcarryconcepts....=2&productId=2

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I actually really like that idea. Like you said the frame is the part that prints. You get the longer sight radius and can use any holster that will fit the fullsize. It's a win win.

I've seen some guys over on the sig forum do something similar to this (mixing and matching frames and slides to make their "ulitmate" gun).

And with that sleeve you can run it as a fullsize duty gun then bam, in the locker room swap out a mag and you've got a hell of a ccw .45

Kudos to you sir.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Love the idea man. I have been doing the same thing forever with my 1911s, but ever since I drank the M&P-aid this idea has never crossed my mind. I just might have to put one of these together for myself.
    Find what it is in life that you do not do well......and do not do that thing....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd buy one if they made it.
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    I like that idea....reminds me of the XD45 compact 5"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    I actually really like that idea. Like you said the frame is the part that prints. You get the longer sight radius and can use any holster that will fit the fullsize. It's a win win.

I've seen some guys over on the sig forum do something similar to this (mixing and matching frames and slides to make their "ulitmate" gun).

And with that sleeve you can run it as a fullsize duty gun then bam, in the locker room swap out a mag and you've got a hell of a ccw .45

Kudos to you sir.

^^What he said.

Feedback Score
    I really wish S&W would make a "tactical" model with a threaded barrel and tall sights
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    I really wish S&W would make a "tactical" model with a threaded barrel and tall sights
    I thought they do

I'm gonna look it up real quick, give me a sec.
    Luke 2:14
    USMC 03-08

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here it is- its called the Spec-Ops model. Don't know if they make it anymore and the sights don't look taller than standard ones.

Here's the link.
    Luke 2:14
    USMC 03-08

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This is a great idea - however buying two pistols to get it seems like a PIA (if you're only looking for one...)
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast