Thread: Todd's observations of Beretta 92's

Feedback Score

Todd's observations of Beretta 92's

I would welcome others too. I have a older 92F that I shoot well. I have maintained it with replacement springs and good lube. I recently replaced the extractor and spring when it had some FTE's [two]. I use Beretta or Mec-Gar mags only. It has been reliable and smooth shooting. It is getting old however and I am wondering if I should remain with the plarform or move on. I am at a crossroads of staying with the 92 [getting a new one] or going Glock [or M&P]. What have been your observations of the 92 in your classes? Mine hasn't broken anything [just a worn extractor], have I been lucky? I don't have much time behind a Glock, I don't own one but I can get one relativly cheap. I don't mind the extra maintainance that the Beretta requires. I am in no hurry as I want stay with whatever I decide on for some time.
    Thank you

ToddG Guest
    If you like your Beretta and shoot it well, there is absolutely no reason to leave it.

I'd replace the trigger spring, recoil spring, and slide catch spring every 5k. If you're going to depend on the gun for more than shooting at the range, I'd replace the locking block every 20k... make sure this is done by someone qualified to fit it properly, if necessary.

Getting a new 92-series pistol is going to net you a bunch of plastic parts. Personally, while they don't feel as nice, I've never seen them have problems. It always amazed me that people could go from touting a Glock as PERFECTION in one breath and then complain about a plastic trigger and a plastic guide rod in a 92FS the next.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    It always amazed me that people could go from touting a Glock as PERFECTION in one breath and then complain about a plastic trigger and a plastic guide rod in a 92FS the next.
    Lack of critical thinking ability?