Quote Originally Posted by Robb Jensen View Post

Oh but I was.

What you didn't post was what was the effect did the marks have on accuracy? Velocity? Barrel life? Or is it just much ado about nothing?

You haven’t tested very many new AR-15 barrels for accuracy from a bench-rest have you? Did you even read the information from Krieger Barrels Inc. that I posted above? The reamer marks on the leade need to be removed for the barrel to shoot to its accuracy potential. Did you even read my responses to your famous stock maker’s article? Even the famous stock maker admitted that the artifacts left in the throat had to be removed for the barrel to achieve its best accuracy. It’s the same for the reamer marks left on the leade. The barrel won’t shoot to its accuracy potential until those marks have been removed.

No one has been talking about velocity with regard to barrel break-in, so I don’t know why you would even bring that up. As for barrel life, again, did you even read my responses to the famous stock maker’s article? Percentages of barrel life were clearly discussed.

Here’s what a Krieger barreled AR-15 can do after the barrel has gone through a break-in process. Get back to me when you can do this with the first 10 shots from an AR-15 with a new barrel.