Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost Rocket trigger(3.5) kit for Glock

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Ghost Rocket trigger(3.5) kit for Glock

Has anybody changed the stock trigger connector for a Ghost Trigger 3.5 connector or the Ghost Rocket complete kit?
    And if so did you notice any improvement in overall performance?
    http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2...for-GLOCK-reg-

Thanks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    had one for a g21sf. made the trigger lighter but very mushy. i quickly ditched it after ending up with multiple dead triggers when using +p ammo.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The ghost rocker trigger connector adds too much slop to the overall action.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Thats surprising...

I keep looking at getting a handgun for competition and always go full circle to the 1911.

There are other platforms for which there are mods to improve the weapon, but reviews are always mixed.

It seems if you want a 1911 like trigger....buy a 1911.

Feedback Score
    I have had no issues with the connector but I switched back to the factory Glock springs after several failures to fire. The kit is expensive for what you get. If you are going to get something, get the connector and try it out, and then try the springs separately. I tried these parts in a gen 2 G17.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    any time i tried a cheap small part short cut to a better glock trigger i have always found it to be sub-par. a few good things you can do are...... polish contact points of internal parts (25 cent trigger job), connector of your choice ( oem or lonewolf are usually the ones people keep), and possibly a 6# trigger spring to bring down the pull weight a few ounces. but even all that really wont change the trigger characteristics on a glock all that much. in my limited experience you either have to accept the glock trigger for what it is and roll with it. or you can go full retard and order a trigger kit. no here is where you have to be careful because everyone and their mother makes glock trigger kits and they are not all created equal. i plan on going with a vanek classic. Charlie Vanek uses all oem parts and the man knows what he is doing. and if you want a fully functional glock...you should never mess with the striker assembly, no matter what can do for your trigger. any time i did i deeply regretted it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenndapp View Post
    Charlie Vanek uses all oem parts and the man knows what he is doing.
    Vanek's Classic kits are not "all OEM", nor do most of his kits use mostly OEM parts.

The Vanek Classic kit has a LWD 3.5 connector, LWD safety plunger, Wolff firing pin springs and LWD trigger housing with overtravel stop, for instance.

Only the GSSF kits are all OEM parts.

He does know what he's doing.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I hear good things about the glock - connector and the glock NY trigger spring.

I've squeezed my stock glock trigger like 30,000 times though, so I'm kinda used to it. It's actually a decent trigger.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I stand corrected. I was under the impression it was all 100% oem parts. Either way I am very interested to try a vanek classic kit with stock springs..... Should make for a very nice trigger.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenndapp View Post
    I stand corrected. I was under the impression it was all 100% oem parts. Either way I am very interested to try a vanek classic kit with stock springs..... Should make for a very nice trigger.
    I have this setup you're considering in a G17. I started with the full Classic kit and only kept the trigger bar and connector after experimenting with all of Vanek's included parts through many thousands of rounds.

I also have a LWD connector and a smooth trigger bar (with a minor tweak) in another Glock and the trigger pull is almost exactly the same, for much less than a Classic kit.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast