Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My first build

Feedback Score

My first build

Finished a couple of weeks ago. Its a plumbcrazy firearms. I've put about 100 rounds through it already and it shoots very well. Has a very basic sight on it, I plan on upgrading there and putting on a new buttstock to be more left hand friendly. Not sure exactly what type of sight I'm going to put on yet, time and money will dictate that one

Let me know how it looks and if anyone else has experience with plumbcrazy l'd like to hear from them. So far it has been good so I look forward to more good times on the range.

Attachment 4813

Attachment 4814
    Last edited by Buman; 04-17-10 at 10:07.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buman View Post
    Finished a couple of weeks ago. Its a plumbcrazy firearms. I've put about 100 rounds through it already and it shoots very well. Has a very basic sight on it, I plan on upgrading there and putting on a new buttstock to be more left hand friendly. Not sure exactly what type of sight I'm going to put on yet, time and money will dictate that one

Let me know how it looks and if anyone else has experience with plumbcrazy l'd like to hear from them. So far it has been good so I look forward to more good times on the range.
    Hello??? ARFCOM??? Is that you????

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    ahh yes.. i remember the pumbcrazy thread here about a year or so ago. the owner seemed a little on the unstable side, and then i never heard about them again.

what's the receiver appear to be made of? as i recall, we never could get that info from him.

Feedback Score

It is made of a polymer plastic similar to a glock. I had some problems in the initial build and replaced some of the plastic retaining pins with metal ones. However during the limited rounds I've been able to put downrange it has done very well. So far no problems with jamming, everything seems to work fine. I was actually wondering if anyone had put high volume of rounds downrange and how it performed then. As you can see from the pic I am using magpul PMags, love those ever since Iraq.

Later I want to change out the pistol grip, its a little small for my hands. And the buttstock like I said to fit a better left-handed sling. I had one on my duty weapon from LaRue tactical that worked very well but of course like a dummy I left it in Hawaii when I PCS'ed so now I gotta go buy another one. Oh well lesson learned.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i dont think anybody around here has posted anything- so you'll be our test subject for the plumb crazy receiver.

you said you replaced some plastic pins? did you buy it as a complete lower?

Feedback Score

Yeah bought it stripped with all part and built it myself. Broke the pin that hold the safety selector lever. It was plastic and I didn't cut the spring to fit so I forced it and the plastic pin broke in half. Bought a replacement kit for all the little pins and springs so far that is the only one that is replaced by a metal pin.

So far so good with the rest of the receiver though. Very lightweight and the action is really smooth. I cant wiat to get some serious range time with it though and see how it does.
    Salvation thru Suffering

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just wondering why you went with a plastic lower? Cost? Im even a bit worried how the plastic lower on my SCAR will hold up over time and its got metal inserts....
    Last edited by 99HMC4; 04-17-10 at 22:53.
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    What's the upper?

I'm really interested in how/when you break things on it, and how it holds up.

Feedback Score

The reason I went with the plastic lower is both cost and curiosity, though I know what curiosity can do. Plumbcrazy is located close to where I live and I thought I would give it a shot.

As far as the upper I am not sure what manufacture it is but its a basic standard upper receiver. When I bought the kit I had already decided to change the upper to a shorter barrel not because its a bad upper but just personal preference.

Hopefully in the next month I can put it through some serious tests and see how it holds up. I put about 75 rounds through it this weekend and it seemed to do fine until the end I noticed one on the pins near the middle of the lower begin to come out. Not sure it that is operator error putting it together or what. However I was far from home and like normal had no tools to work on it with so I called it a day. Up until that point it was working like a champ. Even the wife was having some fun.
    Salvation thru Suffering

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buman View Post
    Yeah bought it stripped with all part and built it myself. Broke the pin that hold the safety selector lever. It was plastic and I didn't cut the spring to fit so I forced it and the plastic pin broke in half. Bought a replacement kit for all the little pins and springs so far that is the only one that is replaced by a metal pin.

So far so good with the rest of the receiver though. Very lightweight and the action is really smooth. I cant wiat to get some serious range time with it though and see how it does.
    i'm a little confused... what pins were plastic? you said you assembled the lower with a standard lower parts kit... broke a plastic pin somewhere, and then replaced the plastic pin with steel?

standard forged lowers dont have any pins other than what comes in the lower parts kit- so i'm trying to figure out what plastic pin you could have broken. happen to take pictures or anything? mind take a picture of the inside of the lower now?

very curious about all this. and congrats on the new build.
    Last edited by bkb0000; 04-18-10 at 19:15.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast