Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BCM 16" middy slowly but surely...

Feedback Score

BCM 16" middy slowly but surely...

Former Marine here and LOVE ARs!! Sadly being in school and being as busy as I have been I've put off buying my 1st rifle for WAY too long! So last Sunday I went out to go shoot with my buddies and all I brought to the table was a HK .40USPc. Needless to say with the mini armory we had out there I had a lot of fun with other people's guns. When I got home I decided I've had enough...it was time to begin MY rifle. And this is what I've decided on:

Ordered but not received yet:
    BCM Lower (blemished)
    Magpul BAD lever
    Magpul MIAD grip
    BCM 16" middy upper
    BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 CH
    Troy front/rear folding sights
    Battlecomp 2.0
    XTM rail covers

Not ordered yet: (Out of Stock)
    Vltor EMOD buttstock
    Vltor Low Pro GB
    Centurion Arms 10" C4 rail
    BCM BCG (ion bond or standard?)

So any thoughts on the build?
    More specifically any thoughts on the BCM BCG?
    Last edited by Darwinsdead; 03-28-11 at 22:24. Reason: Diff. rail

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Sounds good. I'd go with a 9" Mid length rail from Centurion Arms and keep the standard front sight assembly. As far as the Ion Bond BCG goes, thats a matter of if you got the extra money to spend. Any plans on an optic?

Feedback Score
    Very nice build, although I don't like the BAD levers. Since your going with the Vltor LP GB I'd go with a 12" lite rail, but that up to you

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I would stick with a standard BCM BCG. Save the extra money and invest it in some ammo.

Also, have you thought about a DD 9" lite rail? That way you keep the standard gas block/ front sight post, and it makes the install a little easier than having to replace and pin/secure a new gas block.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by amd5007 View Post
    I would stick with a standard BCM BCG. Save the extra money and invest it in some ammo.
    I think you'd find a lot more people who would spend the extra $20 on the Gunfighter Mod 4. I sure as hell would. $20 is a quick range session, before you factor in gas and range fees.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagemonkey View Post
    Sounds good. I'd go with a 9" Mid length rail from Centurion Arms and keep the standard front sight assembly. As far as the Ion Bond BCG goes, thats a matter of if you got the extra money to spend. Any plans on an optic?
    I have the money to spend right now so I'd rather get the Ion Bond BCG in the hopes it'll save a little wear and tear in general. Just wasn't sure if it'd be worth the extra $
    As for the FSB I'm just not a big fan of a fixed front sight. I don't mind them if I'm not running optics but I do plan on getting an aimpoint/eotech (haven't decided yet).

Quote Originally Posted by graffex View Post
    Very nice build, although I don't like the BAD levers. Since your going with the Vltor LP GB I'd go with a 12" lite rail, but that up to you
    I'd never used the BAD lever until I shot my buddy's AR and although I will admit I found myself reaching up with my off hand to hit the release I'd catch myself before doing so and with a little flick of my trigger finger it slammed on home. It'll just take some getting used to. As for the 10" vs. 12", personally I don't need that much rail space and the farther out that rail goes the farther the mounting of any additions go...and that means more weight further from the base.

Quote Originally Posted by Whootsinator View Post
    I think you'd find a lot more people who would spend the extra $20 on the Gunfighter Mod 4. I sure as hell would. $20 is a quick range session, before you factor in gas and range fees.
    I'm getting the Gunfighter Mod 4...

A nice little perk I have is my buddy has 2,400 acres of land and more time than he knows what to do with so going out and shooting is just a matter of buying what I'll shoot with and at.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Darwinsdead View Post
    I'm getting the Gunfighter Mod 4...

A nice little perk I have is my buddy has 2,400 acres of land and more time than he knows what to do with so going out and shooting is just a matter of buying what I'll shoot with and at.
    I know; I was supporting that decision. My response was aimed at amd.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The more I run my FailZero EXO coated BCG's, the more I love them. Smooth as buddah! And easy as hell to clean. Just wipe it down with a rag and 99% of the carbon comes right off.

The new Centurion Arms rails are sweet, and alot easier to install & remove than the DD Lite rail. They are available in 10.0 & 12.0 if you were considering a slightly longer rail.
    Last edited by nickdrak; 03-28-11 at 19:14.

Feedback Score
    How are the Centurion Arms rails? To be honest I haven't even looked at them. Quality? Weight? any other random thoughts about them?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darwinsdead View Post
    How are the Centurion Arms rails? To be honest I haven't even looked at them. Quality? Weight? any other random thoughts about them?
    Anything Monty puts out is gonna be first rate quality. They are among the lightest aluminum free-float rail systems available. I believe they are lighter than the DD Lite rails.

I know Rainier Arms has both the 10.0 & 12.0's in stock. Im not sure which other dealers are stocking them. Here is a link with more info on the Centurion rails: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Centurion+Arms

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast