Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: G34 in the house Kit - Unexpected surprise

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

G34 in the house Kit - Unexpected surprise

Said goodby to my 1st 1911 today but got this whole package you see before you

Brand New G34 and Brand new X300

Just made since to me as it falls in line with me centering myself around my carry platform. I still have 2 1911's and I never really "loved" the Kimber Compact. I have a Colt CCO and Baer TRS if I feel the itch but the Glock is just a simple no frills, fix at home workhorse.

I was looking for a G17 and I CCW a G26/G19 and dont forsee the G17 being carried and this popped up local. Not 1 $ exchanged for this and I think I came out with gear I will use instead of having another gun in the safe. The X300 is my second one and looked into getting a second one a while back but there pretty pricey.

Looks like this will make a good SHTF setup for the house and the smaller brothers can share its mags

Looks like G17 mags will be in my stocking

Going to take this out this weekend for a report

I already hear - Warren sights calling me
    Brian Goode
    NC Knifemaker
    http://www.bgoodeknives.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Recently sold a 1911 to finance a M&P45. I know right where you're coming from!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Since you didn't sell the Colt I will forgive you!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Oh I feel ya there Greg believe me. Just makes since these days to consolidate platforms and calibers. The think I really dig about the glock is that the same caliber mags are usable in the smaller guns. To me that way simplifies the travel bag, and stashed magazines when need be such as glovebox, work bag, or "nightstand" mags.
    Brian Goode
    NC Knifemaker
    http://www.bgoodeknives.com

Feedback Score
    the 34 is a great gun, love mine.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    AWESOME! A G34 is very high up on my must buy list.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    AWESOME! A G34 is very high up on my must buy list.
    Me too, since I've sold all my M&Ps and am going back to Glock. G34 and G26 are my next planned acquisitions, unless the Gen 4s are released REAL soon.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Me too, since I've sold all my M&Ps and am going back to Glock. G34 and G26 are my next planned acquisitions, unless the Gen 4s are released REAL soon.
    I'm curious why you sold your M&P's to go back to Glocks.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    <not in any specific order>
    1. Better availability of spare parts
    2. I like STOCK Glock triggers better
    3. The Glock 19 is the optimum size compromise between the M&P and M&Pc to me.
    4. The slide release was in a worse spot on the M&P for where my thumbs tend to sit during firing.

Don't get me wrong, I think the M&P is a fantastic pistol, and I think it improves on the Glock in several areas. I would not discourage someone from buying an M&P. Also, I still have my spare M&P mags and holster. However, Glocks work better OVERALL for me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks. I was just curious.

I agree about the Glock trigger being better than the stock M&P trigger. That's why I had Bowie Tactical do trigger jobs on my M&Ps.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast