Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yay! Got my CCW permit...and it only took a week!

Feedback Score

Yay! Got my CCW permit...and it only took a week!

Sorry, just was so pleasantly surprised about getting it so fast that I had to post. I only took my CCW class last Saturday and mailed everything in last Tuesday so Arizona DPS must really be catching up with their backlog since the instructors didn't expect we'd get our permits for another 60 days.

It got here so fast it didn't even give me a chance to get my carry gun sorted yet lol. I'm waiting on a new M&P40 for that. Gotta figure out a good IWB holster for it in the meantime while I'm waiting for my local FFL to get it in...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Wow. I live in Texas and have been waiting for almost 7 months now. Lucky me they give me a code so I can see how my forms are moving along. It has said Processing... for the past 5 months .

Check out the Comptac Mtac for IWB conceal. I have that for my M&P9.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ballsout View Post
    Wow. I live in Texas and have been waiting for almost 7 months now. Lucky me they give me a code so I can see how my forms are moving along. It has said Processing... for the past 5 months .

Check out the Comptac Mtac for IWB conceal. I have that for my M&P9.
    Sorry to hear about it taking so long for you. Here in Arizona there isn't a system to check your status so I know I would probably have gone nuts if they were taking that long. Thanks for the input on the holster - I'll be sure to check out the Mtac.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Congrats on your new membership in the CCW club. What will you carry? Mine took about 30 days from application to permit-in-hand. NC has a 90-day time limit which helps, plus the sherriff in my county is pretty CCW friendly. A G19 or a S&W .357 revolver usually grace my hip.

EDIT: M&P40...got it. Apparently my reading skills suck.
    Last edited by citizensoldier16; 08-04-09 at 21:47.
    A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Florida was a 3 month wait before Obama took office.

Now its taking 5,6,7 months for return
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Congrats and welcome aboard.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by citizensoldier16 View Post
    Congrats on your new membership in the CCW club. What will you carry? Mine took about 30 days from application to permit-in-hand. NC has a 90-day time limit which helps, plus the sherriff in my county is pretty CCW friendly. A G19 or a S&W .357 revolver usually grace my hip.

EDIT: M&P40...got it. Apparently my reading skills suck.
    I was reading "The Arizona Gun Owners Guide" for additional learning and it said Arizona has a 60 day limit to complete the checks with a requirement to issue 15 days after completing that for a 75 day limit. Up until last month people were saying they'd had to wait 60 days or so for their permit so when the envelope marked "Arizona Dept. of Public Safety" showed up in my mailbox so soon I was expecting it to say there was a problem rather than having my permit inside.

The book also said that generally DPS has a high rate of customer satisfaction - I can see now why they'd say that. I'm very happy to have it and hope all you guys that are still waiting get yours soon as well.

Feedback Score
    Good on you. Consider yourself both fortunate and lucky. Thank your lucky stars that you are not in FL.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I applied yesterday in TN and was told it would be about 3 months, but possibly sooner because I'm active duty. I can't friggin' wait for mine, I grew up in CA so I'm pretty excited, got a Kimber 1911, HK P7, and G19 that will fill the roles, but alas I only have holsters for my .45.

Congrats!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FF750 View Post
    Sorry to hear about it taking so long for you. Here in Arizona there isn't a system to check your status so I know I would probably have gone nuts if they were taking that long. Thanks for the input on the holster - I'll be sure to check out the Mtac.
    Seeing the title of the thread I knew you had to be from Arizona.
    Luke 2:14
    USMC 03-08

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast